Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just tested Prius, very well OK.
But I am born not liked the reflex from the speedometer on the front glaze (too much luminous).
Somebody has a solution?? thank you.

Sorry my English I am French!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
electromann said:
I have just tested Prius, very well OK.
But I am born not liked the reflex from the speedometer on the front glaze (too much luminous).
Somebody has a solution?? thank you.

Sorry my English I am French!!
Are you aware of the "dimmer" on the dash? Just left of the steering wheel is a vertical "switch' you can rotate to turn adjust how bright the speedo etc. display is.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
When the dash is properly in daylight mode, I have never had the speedometer wash out. What you actually see is a projection on smoked plastic, and it seems to work out well. Can't say the same for the MFD.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I've seen the reflection... what I see is a solid bar, not just the numbers reflected... Upon reflection, I'm thinking that the reflection is really a reflection of a reflection.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Now we need a Quebecer to translate.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Cette réflexion apparaît seulement sur les rues sans umm...«lamp posts» ou «street lights». Personne n'a une solution mais peut être vous pourriez attacher une petit morceau de papier pour bloquer la lumière.

I hope what I said was grammatically correct lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes that it!! windshield

C’est dommage que toyota na pas penser a ça!
Pourtant il suffit de réduire la tension d’alimentation de l'affichage. :cry:

Je suis sur que on peux arranger ça! avec une petite modification.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
ahh bon!

mais, je suis désolé. Je ne comprends pas les 3 mots "alimentation de l'affichage"

·
Registered
90 Posts
This may be a bit off topic...But how do you get the GreenHybrid I get 51.9 to show up.I tried to cut and paste with no luck.And the site offers little explanation on how to do it.BTW I am a new member of that group and would like to learn how to display that.

Thanks,Ed

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
here's my signature right out of my profile setting: You'd need to replace 337 with something more suitable. I had to cut out the link to greenhybrid because of length limitations here at PriusOnline...

Code:
[i]Half-Breed[/i] : 2004 Seaside Pearl #9 w/ XM Radio, EV Mode & Auto-Door Lock
[img]http://greenhybrid.com/compare/mileage/car/337/signature.png[/img]
I should probably stop using it, as I've quit updating the db about the same time I quit updating my spreadsheet... (the morning after I got my frist 600+ mile tank, and hurled my pocket-pc down the hall on the way in to work because it maliciously hard-reset itself and lost that important data)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts