Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After waiting 3 mos., I finally got mine. :lol:

I have asked at the dealership and the service dept. and no one really knows for sure the proper way to clean the "multi-informational display" screen? I'm constantly touching it and I want to make sure I don't put something on it that might cause damage. Also any idea what can be used to clean the face of the instrument panel display?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
tossedrooster said:
After waiting 3 mos., I finally got mine. :lol:

I have asked at the dealership and the service dept. and no one really knows for sure the proper way to clean the "multi-informational display" screen? I'm constantly touching it and I want to make sure I don't put something on it that might cause damage. Also any idea what can be used to clean the face of the instrument panel display?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks
Congratulations on receiving your Prius. I hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine. Those finger smudges are unsightly, no? I don't have the manual in fornt of me, but somewhere in it you will find directions on cleaning the info screen. As I recall, it advises you to use a clean, soft cloth that is slightly dampened--no cleaners or paper products. That's what I do and it works perfectly. I have designated a cotton hand towel for this purpose and find it to be quite effective at keeping the plastic cabin surfaces nice and shiny and clean.
Drive happy,
Moo :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
3M make a Scotch-Bright micro-fiber cloth that I've heard works well. I think I saw one once in a computer store that was a small size, to pack with lap-tops. I think this is similar to the cleaning cloths for eye-glasses, which also work well.

I think I'll keep 2 cloths around. 1 cleaning cloth for the LCD and clear lenses, and another cloth for the grit likely to accumulate on the dash and other surfaces.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The 3M Scotch cleaning cloth made for laptop computers works great. Have used one on my '03 since I got it last year and now on the '04 as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts