Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I miss it or does this car not have a place to store (and organize) loose change?

I hate change in my pocket and I like fast food :) These do not mix well. Any solutions?

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
The felt lined tray that should be just under the armrest in the main console should do the trick for holding coin.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a "smoker's kit" that came with a previous car. It is a cup shaped thing with a hinged spring loaded lid that flips down to close it. It is designed to be an ashtray. It fits nicely in the rear cup holder and holds my change. I don't know if these are available anywhere but it works well for the purpose. I guess you could just use a short cup in the holder too.

·
Registered
133 Posts
OK< this is what I do for parking meter change - I bought one of those $2 zippered little pouches from the men's wallet section of Wallmart - it is black, zips shut, is about 3.5" x 3" and easily holds about $25 worth of change. Keeps it from rattling around and easily available. I keep it in the center console in the little tray, but it could be kept anywhere. Works great for me.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I use EZPass, and don't need change for tolls. No rattles. Very tidy.

·
Registered
75 Posts
What I use is the little compartment that’s under the radio and I keep quarters in plastic prescription bottle there.
I find trying to open the center console very awkward while driving.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Don't put it in the front cup holder which opens. I did, and a quarter was stuck for a few days. I couldn't open the holder and wrote to the forum for help. Almost dismantled the assembly and was ready to seek help from dealer. Now I just use the open cup holder or felt compartment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts