Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like there's a spam bot on the loose here. Anyone else notice the gibberish posts with gambling links?

What's that all about?

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I am working on deleteing the messages from the spambot. Once it is cleaned up I will get with pete and we will try to find a way to block the spambot... We may have to disable guest posting, but I really do not want to do that if we can help it.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
And these silly 'dog collar' ads are odd. This is an automotive website, can't their spambot even do some basic heuristics? (Not to mention that the prefilled text is in nice, logical sentences, but the links and link text sometimes are REALLY goofy. ('dog collar training' in the middle of a list of sports?!)

·
Registered
381 Posts
jeff said:
We may have to disable guest posting, but I really do not want to do that if we can help it.
Any way of determining what IP/domain it's operating on and block it at that level? I'm sure all domain control panels don't work quite the same (my domains came with "cpanel"); just a thought.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Personally I think its time to switch off guest post. If someone cant be bothered to register to post, then the chances are they are not really interested in the Prius.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree with turning off guest posting if you are not able to block this spamming. I am getting very "tired" of looking at threads with the latest post being from this spambot. It is making my visit less enjoyable.

Raymond

·
Registered
59 Posts
If anyone notices this in the future please be sure to PM (preferably with a link to the offending post) a Mod or Admin so we can take care of the problem asap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts