Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend turned me on to these forums. And I spent lots of time reading through all the posts here.

I put a deposit on a 2006 Grey Prius with package 7 this weekend. While I didn't really want all the extra goodies other then an upgraded stereo and airbags. I also didn't want to wait upwards of 8 weeks to see my new car. As it is I am crossing my fingers that it actually comes in by the end of the month. Prius's are hard to come by in Los Angeles area. Paying full sticker for it too... but that should more then make up for itself in gas savings as we are now hitting 3.50 per gallon her in LA.

I look forward to joining the growing number of commuters in Los Angeles driving this feat of engineering.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congratulations - you're going to love your Prius! I've had mine for 20 days now, and every day I find something more to love about it.

I was in a hurry to get a car, since I totalled my old one. Fortunately I found a white 2006 with package 5 - more 'gizmos' than I absolutely needed - but I'm actually quite pleased with the 'extras'.

Drive safely - the side airbags are a great idea, and your package also includes the skid control feature, so the Prius will be working hard to take care of you!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Heh.. good luck to you :) What dealership are you going to? Longo gets a pretty good stock in and their current ETA is 6 weeks (thats how long their wait list is). If you're interested in putting a deposit down there too, I have a friend that works there (all the deposits are 100% refundable).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I am getting mine through Crown Toyota. They called me and after discussing the last 100 units that they had received I decided to snag one of the two remaining ones that hadn't been nabbed.

The new metallic grey with package 7 on it.

It's do to arrive between 23rd of May and the 28th.

Crossing my fingers that it actually gets in on time and I am driving it by month's end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.