Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one in Canada have the 2004 prius?

If so where are located and how long did you have to wait.

We have been wating now for just over a month so far, and the last time I called the dealer they told me that the car was in production and would be here in about a month.

Can't wait to get it....

RADAR.....
[/b]

·
Registered
4 Posts
We're near Ottawa, and we're told that our car will be in our hands by the end of May. If this ends up being true, as seems likely, then we will have waited about 10 weeks. Our dealer told us that wait times have generally been between 6 and 12 weeks.

The Canadian allocation system seems to be different. You order your car, they build it, they ship it to you within a reasonable period of time. If you no longer want the car when it arrives at the dealership, then the dealer sells it to someone else.

The US allocation system, on the other hand, remains mysterious to me even after several weeks of reading the chatgroups. I've noted that US customers have so many different options and packages. This is fantastic, but I wonder whether it contributes to the complicated situation.

I recently saw a posting in the Canada-Prius yahoo chatgroup from a dealer in Scarborough who said that most backorders have now been filled and that some dealerships are starting to have one or two Priuses available on the lot. I don't know how true this is, but I am intrigued enough to test his statement by making some calls.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
reply radar?babz

Well we ordered ours on March 31/04, I was told on May 11/04 that our car is in Vancouver waiting to go on a train coming here. Which means we should have ours by the end of May as well.. :D :D

we will keep you posted as we find out more.

As for the dealers having more cars on the lots? I have looked at different dealers in the area and have not seen any more then one,or none but that does not mean that they dont have more availble...

RADAR/BABZ
PATIENTLY WAITING FOR OURS....

:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WELL, Today May 22/04 we got our Prius today :D The wait was not too bad, we ordered it March 31/04 and got it today, under two months.

Car is awsome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy everyone....

Radar/Babz

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts