Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are my two choices with Cingular pre-paid phone service in my area. Has anyone had any problems with either working with their Prius, or do you especially like one of them? Thank you. :roll:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use a T637 and have had no problem with it. Seems to work well... I use the Bluetooth phone feature quite often. The integration with the NAV system is great. You can call restaurants on your way to make a reservation.

One thing you may want to take note of, though, is that if you want to copy your phonebook to your prius, make sure you only store 1 number per name, because the prius phonebook only takes 1 number per name. Maybe there is a way around that... anyone know of one?

·
Registered
35 Posts
T637

I TO HAVE A T637 AND FIND NO PROBLEMS WITH IT AND THE CAR, I USE IT EVERY DAY IN THE CAR AND IT HAS NEVER FAILED IN THE 2 MONTH I HAVE HAD IT
:D

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I've got the T637... In general I'm happy with the phone.

One thing to note if you've got AT&T/Cingular for service. They set the 'Menu' key to take you right to mMode and every time you accidentally hit it, you'll see a data charge on your phone bill. You can mitigate this by turning on "password request", (even if you don't set a password)

Connect / Data Comm. / Data Accounts / AWS WAP / Edit / Pwd. Request

This way each time you hit it, the phone will ask for a password, giving you a chance to cancel the data connection.

As far as the integration, with the Prius, the voice over bluetooth is good... (BTW I found some settings in the Diagnostic Screens that may effect this...I've not played with them yet).

The only thing I don't like about the integration is the fact that the phone doesn't ring over the car speaker, so you've got to be alert for the ring

·
Registered
4 Posts
I heard th eT637 will not allow you to download the entire phonebook, only one at a time, is that correct? Just got the car, the phone search is a pain. I use ATT wireless.....can't wait for someone to say that they have a phone where all fearures integrate with the Prius! :)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Nope you can send the whole thing either as an ADD or REPLACE... in fact I used the IR port to transfer my PDA phone book to the phone, then <insert>Bluetooth to go from phone</insert> to the car...

Then I deleted both, because there was way too much dross

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Yes, that's the only thing I don't like about the integration. When the phone rings, it will mute the radio, and the caller id will show on the screen, so there are ways to tell even if you don't actually hear the thing ring.

BTW since this has come up before, some folks may be confused because the command to transfer all is under a different menu tree...

To transfer a single contact:

Phone Book / Manage Contact / Send Contact / [select] / Via Bluetooth

To transfer all contacts:

Phone Book / Advanced / Send All / Via Bluetooth

·
Registered
35 Posts
ring

I don't know why your phone won't ring through the speaker, mind does and always did i took it for granted they all do!!
ac

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a T616 up until recently and was pretty happy with it... the T637 is pretty much the same (at least as far as Bluetooth goes), I hear.

If you're interested in Bluetooth for additional uses besides your Prius, I'd recommend against Motorola in general -- they've developed a reputation for poor BT support on several of their phones (can't sync address book with Mac, OBEX disabled on some carriers, etc.).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts