Toyota Prius Forum banner

Someone ELSE initiated a Prius wave!

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Sanny 
#1 ·
Well THAT took long enough! Just over the 3 month mark as a Prius owner and someone ELSE initiated the Prius Wave on me for the first time today!

YES! :D

It felt good. And I wanted to pass on the happiness. :lol:

#2 ·
galaxee said:
Well THAT took long enough! Just over the 3 month mark as a Prius owner and someone ELSE initiated the Prius Wave on me for the first time today!

YES! :D

It felt good. And I wanted to pass on the happiness. :lol:
Was it a Tideland? My wife and daughter are out your way, checking out Duke and UNC Chapel Hill. It may have been a Hep wave!

#3 ·
Nope, it was a driftwood. And I don't think your family would have been cruising the backcountry residential streets here, even though I live REALLY close to Duke. Wouldn't that have been exciting though! Well, you won't be seeing me cruising around the streets of Durham for a while. We're catching a ride to the airport in an hour and parking the Pri at home. Actually heading back your way, to visit family back home in Wisconsin.

And hey, if your daughter is thinking of going to school at Duke, send any questions my way. I've been a grad student here for a year now and have had a lot of the Dukie experience. :)

#5 ·
Well those highly educated travelers in the Princeton, and Trenton :) area in NJ have no clue when I wave. In fact I don't even think they've seen me coming towards them. I've even been behind other Prius' and they have no clue either.
Maybe telepathy would work!

#6 ·
Sprocket said:
Well those highly educated travelers in the Princeton, and Trenton :) area in NJ have no clue when I wave. In fact I don't even think they've seen me coming towards them. I've even been behind other Prius' and they have no clue either.
They are looing at their MFD of course! Watching the road is secondary, and noticing the make of other cars is far down the list!

#7 ·
Sprocket said:
I wave at all Prii, and I've often waved in Trenton area - no reply (except once on 129 W)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.