Toyota Prius Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
another monday...another bought of insomnia last night...at this point just get me a needle and some medical tubing and hook me right up to the espresso machine- MAIN-LINE it! I don't care what kind it is!!! Arrrgh!!!! :x

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Horrors.... I was feeling dozey after church today (not the most invigorating sermon, I'm afraid), and took a cup of coffee when I got home. REAL coffee. Aloha Island Kona Gold. :( I drink decaf usually, and for good reason. Now I'm MISERABLE!! I'm buzzing, my ears are humming, I just scrubbed the front porch, and vacuumed the rugs, and I cannot sit still. Oh, misery!! :(

Sigh.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Sanny said:
Horrors.... I was feeling dozey after church today (not the most invigorating sermon, I'm afraid), and took a cup of coffee when I got home. REAL coffee. Aloha Island Kona Gold. :( I drink decaf usually, and for good reason. Now I'm MISERABLE!! I'm buzzing, my ears are humming, I just scrubbed the front porch, and vacuumed the rugs, and I cannot sit still. Oh, misery!! :(

Sigh.
You don't do windows, do you :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sanny said:

Sigh.
Put that energy to good use...Go wash your Prius, then if you are still buzzing wax it too :D

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Ruined my Sunday afternoon nap. Didn't have one!

Couldn't wash and wax Little Prius. Weather has been awful here. Several days of t-storms already, and the 10 day forecast shows another 10 days of the same. Ugh. Perfect napping weather, and I didn't get to have one.

Nope, Walt, no windows...

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Sanny said:

Sigh.
Sorry Sanny. I fail to see the problem here. :lol:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hep said:
Sanny said:

Sigh.
Well, except that 'don't do windows ' thing :roll:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hep said:
Sanny said:

Sigh.
If I'm not mistaken, shouldn't you be able to "see" every problem?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Back in college, I had a roommate that was a competitive sharpshooter. (He had boxes of trophies and 'perfect' targets.)

He had never, not once in his entire life, eaten or drank any product that had added sugar, or any amount of caffeine. (It helped that the had vegan parents.)

Well, he lost a Superbowl bet one year. (He bet against the Cowboys) His penance? He had to drink an entire 2-liter bottle of Jolt Cola in a one-hour span.

If I hadn't been so afraid that he was going to have a heart attack, I would have laughed my ass off. He was, quite literally, bouncing off the walls. He could not stop moving for about six hours. He could not stop talking, either. And he was normally a very reserved person. About two hours into it, the bet winner tried to get him to shut up by offering him $50 if he could be quiet for 60 seconds. He didn't have to give up the $50, because he couldn't even be quiet for 10 seconds.

Looking back, it's hilarious. But at the time, I honestly had my hand on the phone for most of the time, expecting to have to call an ambulance to come revive him from some kind of internal organ explosion.

Ironic, considering his subdued-ness, he DID drink (and often binge on) alcohol. He said that the 'Jolt Hangover' was significantly worse than any alcohol hangover he had ever had.

He is now an Air Force pilot. (Not sure what kind, but I do know he's a pilot.)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I think it's from Peet's, but one I really liked was called "aged indonesian." Excellent, smooth, flavorful, and delicious in decaf (my hyperactivity of choice).
That sounds perfect for an Aged American.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts