Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you done this? You order fast food with a soft drink and you leave the soft drink in your Prius cup holder. Overnight you find out the paper cup has leaked down below, making it nearly impossible to open the nice little drawer. Not to mention the muck below the holder itself that has to be cleaned up somehow.

My 2000 Saturn had a lift out holder that was machine washable, but the Prius is not so easy to clean up. It looks nicer than my old car, but it would be nice if it was designed a bit better with this kind of problem in mind.

I tore off the cover and started taking out screws hoping to find a way to lift out the drawer in front, but it started looking like I'd have to tear out the whole console and every screw. I stopped and put the screws back in and just sprayed some interior detail on it and tried to wipe it up with a terry cloth towel.

Maybe I'll just stick with a water bottle!

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
The front cupholders are removed by pulling straight up. The drawer comes out by giving it a little squeeze if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DanMan32 said:
The front cupholders are removed by pulling straight up. The drawer comes out by giving it a little squeeze if I recall correctly.
Giving the drawer a squeeze doesn't seem to be working. It's so long that it nearly bumps into the covering in front of it to the point I don't think I can pull it out far enough to get it completely out.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
It ususally takes more than a little sqeeze to get my drawers to pop out.

:shock:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
I thought I read how in the repair manual, but I can't find it for official answer. But I just went and tried it. You do have to squeeze, lift up, and out all at the same time. It is tricky, but doable.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally got that drawer out reading your description, but still had to struggle with it for a while. Now to clean it up and hopefully it's easier to put back in that it was to take it out!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HOV Commuter said:
Putting stuff back together is usually easier than taking it apart. The hard part is figuring out what to do with the screw you always have left over :lol: .
A screw did show up in my car shortly after I got it. I don't know where it came from.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts