Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously thinking about placing an order for a 2006 Prius real soon, but I'm unsure of what color I want. I've seen the color names for 2006, but not the actual new colors. Has anyone seen the actual colors that will be available?

What color did you pick and why? Are you happy with your choice?:?:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm going with Barcelona Red.
I loved the car in Salsa Red, test drove it.
I believe the Barcelona Red will be just as nice if not nicer.
I will not go black, had a Chevy Camaro SS that was black...although it looked awesome in black it was very high maintenance, every week cleaning and polishing up....liked to detail my car but all the time got old quick.

Good luck in you decision!

Aaron

·
Registered
26 Posts
You're welcome!

Of course keep in mind that you are looking at that link/chart with an RGB monitor and well...there's no substitute for the real thing.

I have sold color laser copiers for years and "color" is very tricky/complicated...especially when viewing on the RGB monitor.

So... be sure to keep this in mind and try and find that color elsewhere (in person) too.

Just my 2 cents worth...
Aaron

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I kinda like the yellow with the little black circle. But where do they put the black circle ? each door ? & the hood & hatchback ? :?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
An04Prius said:
I kinda like the yellow with the little black circle. But where do they put the black circle ? each door ? & the hood & hatchback ? :?
The black dot is for the door handle and trunk. Helps lock the car. ;) And there are 4 big round black dots - two on each side, toward the corners. Maybe they'll put another dot or two for accent for 2006. :wink:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Seaside Pearl is only available for a Prius? Was that always the case? I happen to like it...

·
Registered
919 Posts
The new red looks pretty much like Salsa. Is it a brighter red or not?

·
Registered
344 Posts
i got black because i've always wanted a black car. it was that or seaside, and seaside would have been another month's wait.

it's a MAJOR PAIN to keep clean but the rewards of driving the sweetest car on the block keep me washing weekly. :wink:

·
Registered
199 Posts
color choices

I have #6 salsa red, this is a rich red and looks really expensive. The blue is nice but does not give you that rich, sporty feeling. I agree with the no black rule. That Black Toyota Tacoma looked so nice right off the lot but it is clean and nice looking for just 20minutes (maybe). The champagne color is also kind of high end in appearance. Enjoy it!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm going with black. Had an 01 Camaro SS in black and even though black has to be maintained a bit more than any other color nothing looks better when clean. If you have a garage black aint so bad. If it is being parked outside though, I woudnt bother...

I liked the salsa red alot but the new barcelona is supposed to be redder and with gold flakes. Don't know how I feel about that, I'd have to see it I guess.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
[ :wink:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
mapreader said:
I got Driftwood (tan or gold) because I live in the desert. Doesn't show dirt as much.
UH OH!!, danger of getting lost in the desert, when you are pushing the envelope on miles per tank, and run out of gas. How would they find you ?? Blend right in with the background. I suggest a red bra. :D

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
An04Prius said:
mapreader said:
I got Driftwood (tan or gold) because I live in the desert. Doesn't show dirt as much.
I suggest a red bra. :D
A red bra would show through, though, if the Driftwood was sheer... I'd go with the invisible.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Why did the goth drive a black Prius? Because they don't sell a darker color yet :p

I'm just waiting for a "pluge" Prius. (Bad television joke, I know, but I am in the biz).

·
Registered
919 Posts
RSnyder said:
Why did the goth drive a black Prius? Because they don't sell a darker color yet :p

I'm just waiting for a "pluge" Prius. (Bad television joke, I know, but I am in the biz).
For the slow here, please explain "pluge" (rhymes with huge?)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts