Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do "we" like in So CAL..........
I would really like to buy in my hometown and give my city the tax money but.....of course I want the best deal which seems to be MSRP.
I noticed Carson Toyota list "Bumper Applique" on all their Prius......guess I'll mark them off my list.....sigh!
Additionally, what is the drill......show up and see what's available or contact them by phone/email and ask for msrp?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Call them all, drop in on all you can. They will all tell you different stories (particularly about waiting lists, order lists, etc), and you shouldn't believe any of them!. The only thing that matters is if they have the car you want at the price you want. Otherwise, keep walking. Decide what you want, how much you are willing to pay, and stick to your guns. The more dealers you contact, the better your chances.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I don't know where you are in SoCal, but in OC I'd suggest you call Chip at Rancho Santa Margarita Toyota. Last I talked to him, he had a gaggle of cars on the lot - all at MSRP. I didn't buy my car from him, but I was on his waiting list for a while.

I bought my car from Symes Toyota in Pasadena 3 weeks ago. I dealt with Gary and Brian there. They had the exact car I wanted at MSRP and none of the "add-ons" I detest. The process there was painless and easy.

You also might want to try Corona Toyota. They had cars when I was looking.

I agree with you, that "Bumper Applique" does not interest me at all.

DGStan

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies........

OMG.....I just got back from Tustin Toyota. They had a very dirty black #6 on the front lot with a sticker of $26,666.00 and the kid tells me they want $2k over MSRP.
ROFL.......he walks me up to the car and tells me it's a #6 but doesn't have Nav........I pointed out to him that all #6's have Nav (as shown on the cars sticker)......He was clueless....

The touch display had sooooo many figerprints on it I was afraid to touch it. This Dealership won't be getting my business.

I'll call chip @ Rancho......my bro-in-law just bought a Truck from them and loved them!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can make 2 no-s, Larson and Keys. We ended up going to about 8, most pretty good, (Toyota of North Hollywood was very helpfull) We finally ended up getting ours from Wondries Toyota in Alhambra, they had to do a dealer trade, but they were the only ones who could get a silver pkg 6 for MSRP.

·
Registered
363 Posts
bshef said:

OMG.....I just got back from Tustin Toyota. They had a very dirty black #6 on the front lot with a sticker of $26,666.00 and the kid tells me they want $2k over MSRP.
ROFL.......he walks me up to the car and tells me it's a #6 but doesn't have Nav........I pointed out to him that all #6's have Nav (as shown on the cars sticker)......He was clueless....
Well, the 2004 #6 does not have Nav. Perhaps they have had that car for a while.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Not Me !

KTPhil said:
Call them all, drop in on all you can. They will all tell you different stories (particularly about waiting lists, order lists, etc), and you shouldn't believe any of them!. The only thing that matters is if they have the car you want at the price you want. Otherwise, keep walking. Decide what you want, how much you are willing to pay, and stick to your guns. The more dealers you contact, the better your chances.
Hello KTphil. Not all dealer will tell customers about waiting, Heck I have
over 40 available ! We in CA north have 1800 Prii coming over every month ! See dealer section for current Prii inventory/availability. This mesage is not_trolling_ for customer but to let people know, that if they look around can find Prius _in_stock_...

·
Registered
370 Posts
bshef said:

The touch display had sooooo many figerprints on it I was afraid to touch it. This Dealership won't be getting my business.

I'll call chip @ Rancho......my bro-in-law just bought a Truck from them and loved them!

Thanks again!
When you talk to Chip, tell him Doug Stanley recommended him. I felt bad that I didn't get my car from them, but they never got a Tideland #6 in for me.

DGStan

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dealers

I just dont understand why toyota would bury the calif dealers with priuses to the point that they have to beg people to come and buy them and still want to charge them move than the sticker price and the dealers like mine in the midwest have to make up waiting lists because they cant get enough from toyota. if the calif dealers cant sell them then toyoto should take them back and ship them to dealers in order parts of the country where they could sell them. they are going to end up killing a good thing by not having enough available in other parts of the country, then when they decide where they are going to build the prius in the united states, people will say the hell you with you and buy something else in the hybred line.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rancho Santa Margarita Toyota is where I got my Prius for MSRP. I worked with Mark. She was on the lot. Even got another car from them last week (not a Prius though.) Here's their link http://www.toyotarsm.com/en_US/ Happy to have my Pearl Pod "docked" in the garage!

·
Registered
370 Posts
ProfBerta said:
I bought mine from Longo Toyota in El Monte. Was on the waiting list for 8 months. Paid MSRP. Can't complain!

Roberta

Chip at Rancho Santa Margarita told me this:

RSM Toyota is owned by Longo. Due to their connection, RSM is able to get more Priuses than a typical dealer their size. However, RSM has 3 days to sell the car. If, after that time, they are unable to sell it, the car transfers to Longo to help fufill their 8 month waiting list.

DGStan

·
Registered
32 Posts
I live in Alhambra but drove to Fresno Toyota to get mine at MSRP and made the whole thing an adventure. I was on their waiting list for about 6 months but also away for 4 months during the time. After I came back I learned that they had called my number. They still had me on top of their list when I called them back and even held mine for a week till we were able to get there... That was in January and they did have a few Prii on the lot.
I'll never forget the moment when I saw a little "SOLD TO KRIS" sign on the dashboard :eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Dealers

quietman said:
I just dont understand why toyota would bury the calif dealers with priuses
I'm in Southern California and I'm on several waiting lists. It varies widely by dealer, but I'm still waiting because I don't want to drive a long distance to get one.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well.....now that I'm finding Dealers have them available and on their lots for MSRP.......
I'm ready to take it one step further and work on getting one for close to invoice!

·
Registered
33 Posts
We got ours in December at Toyota of Redlands...waited 8.5 months, but got it for MSRP, no add-ons, no hassles. Both Toyota of San Bernardino and the riverside Toyota agency had us on their lists and would call now and then, offering one at $4-5k over MSRP. We told them repeatedly that we would not pay sucha premium. Riverside finally stopped calling, but I just got another call from Toyota of San Bernardino yesterday wanting to know if we were interested in a pkg 6 with 17" wheels and leather seats for $33,500. I said that if that was how they gouged new car customers, especially when there was a selection of Prii on other dealer's lots at MSRP, I wondered what went on in the service department. They hung up.

·
Registered
508 Posts
bshef said:
I'm ready to take it one step further and work on getting one for close to invoice!
I admire your optimism and wish you well, but considering what I paid last year, if you're successful, I almost don't want to know...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
but considering what I paid last year, if you're successful, I almost don't want to know...
roflmao...........k........I can appreciate that! :lol: :lol:

It is the rule that when working on car negotiations......you should work from the "invoice up"? Not the MSRP down!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts