Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer in upstate NY ordered snow tires for me back in September. I just called them last week to see if they were in because they never called me!! Sure enough they were in but could not find steel rims only factory alloy's at $180.00 a piece!! Wow that was a little more than the $50 they originally quoted me!! So I found some nice wheels on Tire-Rack and ordered them at $68 a piece which I didn't think was too bad and they look just like the ones that are on the car now!!

So I called to have them installed today and I asked if I could drop the car off in the morning and get a loaner to go the 1.3miles to school and then pick it up after school about 5 hours later. They told me that they won't have any loaner vehicles available for some time!!!

My question is: Are they obligated to give me a loaner? Should I call my salesman and if all else fails, call the Corporate Toyota? If so, where do I find this number!! Thanks

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
For a short maintenance/repair/installation like that, no I don't think they are obligated. Many dealers have shuttle services for such a situation. And if they don't have a shuttle service (what dealer doesn't?), they may pay for a cab. At 1.3 miles, paying for a cab would be cheaper than a loaner.

·
Registered
261 Posts
drop your wheels off and go home while the dealer mounts and balances the tires; that's the part that takes time. then, drop by the dealer another day, after they're done; they should be able to throw your car on a lift and swap the 4 in 10 minutes (20 seconds if it's a NASCAR pit crew).

rpm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts