Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got my first chance to drive my Prius in snow. What a great car. Everytime it tried to spin the wheels it would correct its self and I had no problem at all. Thanks Toyota.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I don't know if this was sarcastic or not. But on a side note.. Spots in Southern California got SNOW last night. Turns out Chino Hills (just on the other side of where I live).. got SNOW! One of my coworkers that live further east (about 20 miles east of there) got snow too.. and he says its NEVER snowed there.. and he's lived there for 20+ years!! Crazy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phish Phood said:
I don't know if this was sarcastic or not. But on a side note.. Spots in Southern California got SNOW last night. Turns out Chino Hills (just on the other side of where I live).. got SNOW! One of my coworkers that live further east (about 20 miles east of there) got snow too.. and he says its NEVER snowed there.. and he's lived there for 20+ years!! Crazy.
No sarcasm at all I really ment it. It goes great in snow. and having lived in Southern Cal. for many years I never got to see very much snow there. More El Nino I guess.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
A few years ago on vacation I was heading east out of San Diego for Yuma. About thirty miles east I entered the town of "Alpine." The welcome sign stated "Alpine, the countrys best climate." It was pouring at the time. About ten miles east of Alpine it turned to snow and about five minutes after this I passed a highway maintanence crew removing "sacks" from road signs stating "chains are suggested."

·
Registered
991 Posts
Yeah.. well I posted elsewhere on the forums.. it snowed 7 miles away from me.. it DOESN'T SNOW HERE.. This isn't Big Bear.. I remember New Years Last year I was in Big Bear and couldn't even get snow up there! And here we see it only 30 miles east of LA.. bah.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I drove in today on 4 inches of new snow. I've always been impressed with this car on snow, but with my new HyrdoEdge tires it was outstanding!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Phish wrote:
he says its NEVER snowed there.. and he's lived there for 20+ years!! Crazy.

Hi, Phish,

SoCal has had all kinds of strange weather lately! I was visiting a friend in Venice Beach at the end of August this year and it was amazingly hot. The normal mist from the ocean only showed up on one afternoon (it's normally there every morning), and the nights were sweltering. And there were tons of mosquitoes. Everyone was saying they lived there for 20, 30 years and never saw this. Presaging this winter's El Nino? Global warming? Whatever, everyone was freaking out. It was the main topic of conversation everywhere we went.

So here I am in NJ with my Hydroedges and it's been anywhere between 35 and 70 degrees all month. By now we should have had at least a couple of snowstorms since December, but it's only rained. I have to say the Hydroedges are fantastic in rain and last winter made an enormous difference in the snow. Even if we don't get any this winter, at least I'm not riding on those terrible Integrities.

Hmm, maybe SoCal will actually get seasons and NJ will have "the country's best climate"!

Susan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.