Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Saturday afternoon I was taking a drive on the freeway and out of nowhere a very large piece of metal appeared in my lane and my 2 1/2 week old Prius ran right through it at 65 miles an hour. Needless to say that the enitre bumper is smashed, the paint is heavily scratched on the drivers side and who knows what has happened underneath the car :( . My question is, because the car is new and relatively hard to come by are the parts readilly available? Today I dropped my prius at the dealeship, but the body shop is closed, so I have to wait until tomorrow tro find out when my car could be back on the road. One of the sales guys told me that because the car is limited, the parts are more difficult to find and fixing my car could take a while. I hope he is wrong, as I can't imagine Toyota producing a vehicle that the parts would be difficult to get, But maybe I am wrong.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I was able to get a replacement rear spoiler within a week or two. Parts aren't a major problem from the consensus I've heard.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Three weeks ago, I crashed (slightly) the rear left bumper at a parking place. Toyota had to order a new one from Belgium. I had to drive 10 days with a hole in the bumper. They changed the bumper but then the parking radar started malfunctioning. Well, they fixed it during the same day :)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
dontcheff said:
Three weeks ago, I crashed (slightly) the rear left bumper at a parking place. Toyota had to order a new one from Belgium. I had to drive 10 days with a hole in the bumper. They changed the bumper but then the parking radar started malfunctioning. Well, they fixed it during the same day :)
Sounds like the parking radar wasn't working in the first place, or you wouldn't have dented the bumper to begin with. ;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sanny said:
dontcheff said:
Sounds like the parking radar wasn't working in the first place, or you wouldn't have dented the bumper to begin with. ;)
Well, I probably had too much confidence in the parking radar :) I heared the almost continuous beep at the same moment I heard the "bang" :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts