Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Saturday afternoon I was taking a drive on the freeway and out of nowhere a very large piece of metal appeared in my lane and my 2 1/2 week old Prius ran right through it at 65 miles an hour. Needless to say that the enitre bumper is smashed, the paint is heavily scratched on the drivers side and who knows what has happened underneath the car :( . My question is, because the car is new and relatively hard to come by are the parts readilly available? Today I dropped my prius at the dealeship, but the body shop is closed, so I have to wait until tomorrow tro find out when my car could be back on the road. One of the sales guys told me that because the car is limited, the parts are more difficult to find and fixing my car could take a while. I hope he is wrong, as I can't imagine Toyota producing a vehicle that the parts would be difficult to get, But maybe I am wrong.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Do you have the extended warrantee? I believe you'll get a free loaner car while it is in the shop.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Hard to say, but my experience getting a non-critical part was very positive.

The center front arm rest upholstery came apart. Certainly not a crisis; I could wait forever. Pulled into the dealer to ask him to order replacement, but they had the part in stock !...in the right interior color.

Popped it in in 20 min.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about that. I Clicked submit twice. Very tired when I wrote that post and quite frustrated with the situation.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
That's ok...it happens.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
That's ok...it happens

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8