Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting out of the drivers side of the car, I ran my hand within the passenger door handle to make sure the rear hatch was unlocked. The locks disengaged. Then I walked down the driveway to get the mail.

While walking back into the garage, and fumbling with the mail, I dropped my keys.

As I picked them up, I heard the car lock. Because I needed to get our crock-pot out of the back, I unlocked using the Fob , then and continued into the house.

As I walked through the laundry room, I heard the car lock again. I retrieved the crock-pot, and closed the hatch.

The car remains unlocked... (please don't steal it)

Can someone explain what happened? Is my Fob broken?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hyperion said:
Try starting from scratch again. Or kick the left front tire.
Do I have to cook up another batch of "Pasta and Lentils" and drive it back to work? The birthday party was over two hours ago...

Or do I just need to put the half-empty crock-pot back in the car?

G

·
0 Posts
If you unlock the car but don't open a door in 30 seconds, the doors relock automatically. If you unlock the car and open a door (within 30 seconds) the doors will remain unlocked.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
melgish said:
hyperion said:
Try starting from scratch again. Or kick the left front tire.
Do I have to cook up another batch of "Pasta and Lentils" and drive it back to work? The birthday party was over two hours ago...

Or do I just need to put the half-empty crock-pot back in the car?

I do think it will require a new batch of pasta and lentils. Otherwise, it won't be starting from scratch. Unless the pasta and lentils were from a mix, in which case it never WAS from scratch. In that case, you might just have to tell your friends to turn their heads, and you scratch somewhere impolite. :shock: THEN kick the tire and try again.

If you do make another batch of pasta, don't forget your good friends on PriusOnline. Beans give us go power!

:)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sanny said:
Unless the pasta and lentils were from a mix, in which case it never WAS from scratch.
A Mix! The very idea... you insult my Italian heritage:

5 cups water
3/4 cup lentils
1 cup chopped plum tomatoes (canned diced are ok in a pinch)
2 big cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp salt
1/4 - 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 lb of any smallish tubular pasta..elbows, dittilini, etc
2 tbsp parsley

add lentils to boiling water, cook covered on med-hi for 20 minutes.

add garlic, oil, salt, pepper, tomatoes. cook on med for 10 minutes. Stirring a few times to mix it up

add pasta, cook on med-hi until done (5 -10 mins) stir a few more times.

remove from heat, stir in the parsley, and let stand 5-10 minues before serving.

top your serving with a bit of hot pepper oil (1 cup EV olive oil, 1 tbsp red pepper flakes, mix, let set overnight) and Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
efusco said:
LOL!! That's gotta be a first for the Prius forums...a recipe!
Yes, but it's a gas generating recipe, so it's rather LIKE an alternative energy post. :)

And melgish, I'd never insult your Italian heritage. My grandma, Anna Lucia, and grandpa, Angelo, would think that a very rude thing. :D

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
melgish said:
After getting out of the drivers side of the car, I ran my hand within the passenger door handle to make sure the rear hatch was unlocked. The locks disengaged. Then I walked down the driveway to get the mail.

While walking back into the garage, and fumbling with the mail, I dropped my keys.

As I picked them up, I heard the car lock. Because I needed to get our crock-pot out of the back, I unlocked using the Fob , then and continued into the house.

As I walked through the laundry room, I heard the car lock again. I retrieved the crock-pot, and closed the hatch.

The car remains unlocked... (please don't steal it)

Can someone explain what happened? Is my Fob broken?
Nothing to do with SE&SS/SKS. All Prius (Classic and 2004+) will automatically relock the doors if you remotely unlock the doors and then do not open them within a timeout period (30 or 45 seconds, I don't remember which). If you had opened a door within that time after remotely unlocking the doors, then the doors would stay unlocked until you decided to lock them again.

G

·
0 Posts
lentil recipe

"top your serving with a bit of hot pepper oil (1 cup EV olive oil, 1 tbsp red pepper flakes, mix, let set overnight) and Enjoy!"

Isn't topping one serving of the lentils with 1 cup E.V. olive oil a little too much?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Michelle,

That makes some sense. I guess it was just he timing of the locking that had me freaked...

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sanny said:
And melgish, I'd never insult your Italian heritage. My grandma, Anna Lucia, and grandpa, Angelo, would think that a very rude thing. :D
Itallians from N.J... Sanny, we are probably related. My Dad (and a whole bunch of his brothers and sisters) lived in Netcong.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Melgish you are a life saver! My son is home from college for spring break and I need to actually prepare meals this week. Three strawberries can be dinner for may daughter. :)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: lentil recipe

Anonymous said:
"top your serving with a bit of hot pepper oil (1 cup EV olive oil, 1 tbsp red pepper flakes, mix, let set overnight) and Enjoy!"

Isn't topping one serving of the lentils with 1 cup E.V. olive oil a little too much?
Um, yea I guess I didn't make that clear...

1 cup extra virgin olive oil and 1 tbsp of red-pepper flakes is the recipie for the topping, not how much you put in. What I was trying to say is "don't dump the oil into the pot, but drizzle a bit on your *own serving* to taste"..

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
AHA :eek: There is the reason for your door locking problem...not enough garlic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts