Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should the Smart Key entry work on both sides of the car?

The alarm I have is not disarming when I approach from the right side.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
The smart key should let you unlock if you approach the driver's front door, the passenger's front door, or the rear hatch. How many doors it unlocks when you touch the handle of one of these doors depends on the setting that you have chosen for your doors. (Default: driver's door unlocks driver's door only, passenger's door or rear hatch unlocks all doors.)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
When you say 'the alarm', do you mean the Toyota factory-installed alarm system (stock on the high-end option package,) or a third-party one (possibly still added by the dealer?)

If it's the Toyota stock one, then it should work seamlessly. You shouldn't even notice the alarm in your day-to-day use. It should deactivate any time you use a legitimate means to unlock any of the doors. If this is the case, then your alarm is malfunctioning.

If it's a third-party made alarm, then I have no idea. I'd check with the alarm manufacturer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is a third party alarm put in by the dealer.

needless to say it is giving me trouble. the car does unlock the pass. door, but the alarm does not disarm. i will have to take it back to the dealer for the fourth time.

thanks
james

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
ratpack said:
it is a third party alarm put in by the dealer.

needless to say it is giving me trouble. the car does unlock the pass. door, but the alarm does not disarm. i will have to take it back to the dealer for the fourth time.

thanks
james
Yeah, it sounds like the alarm isn't linked to the SE/SS system properly. (If it wasn't designed with the Prius in mind, it doesn't surprise me.)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
My smart key unlocks the front doors only from either side, as well as the rear hatch.

I can start the car if I sit in the driver's seat, but have not been able to start the car sitting in the passenger seat when the key is in my right pocket. With the key in my left pocket, I am sometimes able to start the car from the passenger seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts