Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep reading about this cool feature Smart Entry. Is this feature available in the UK? I can't seem to find anything about it in the Toyota uk web site :(

Thanks for any reply and hope I chose the right forum to post this question.

·
Registered
248 Posts
OK I am not the brightest bulb in the box. And I have been swimming up stream all my life, but why aren’t all the options available everywhere. I would have gotten the European suspension in a heartbeat, or less, not breaking in turns or coasting would save gas. Not to mention it would be fun. I would like the EV switch, what am I chopped liver? I would like my buds across the pond to have SS/SE. Two peoples separated by a common language. I guess I protest someone making these decisions for me. There I fell much better and the nice men are here to take me away again. I'm sure I will feel better very soon now.

·
Registered
425 Posts
:lol:

Its quite strang in other ways. The EU and AUS have a different length (AUS is 5cm / 2" longer) , the START button on RHD and LHD are in different places. Alarm system is only available in RHD versions, heater wing mirrors only on LHD, and many many more excluding the options that are standard in other places.

Ue the EU, only a grey interior is available as far as I can tell. In Germany the Bronze colour can not be ordered, even though its shown on the German press pack. That pi$$ed me off as that was the colour I prefer.

Strange.

TRhe problem is that "Toyota" in each country is only a franchise or some other independant company, not directly connected to Toyota Japan, and there is some clerk in some office somewhere who decides what they will import into their country. If this clerk goesnt like (say) green cars and decides not to put it on the list, thats that. I guess that is why the US car market (to me) is so strange on the car ordering side.

I went into my local dealer and said I want a blue car with this that and the other as extras. The dealer places the order with the imported and the car is bult to order in Japan (if its not available in stock). In the USA it looks as if you say I want a car and the dealers say, this is what we have got, take it or leave it.

Strange system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts