Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know smart entry requires you to push the gray button to get into the car but... Will the car AUTO lock when the transmitter is out of range from the unit? I had an old hyundai with a 200$ alarm w/keyless entry that auto enabled the alarm and locked the doors after 60seconds. Please tell me this car can do that?HELP !!!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Nope. Sorry, it does NOT lock the car automatically. You have to push the little black button on the door handle to lock the car. Personally, I like this better. I can make sure that everybody's out of the car and ready to go, then I can lock the doors and confirm that before leaving the car.

If you forget to lock your car, a thief could steal the contents of the car, but nobody will be able to drive the car away...unless you also forgot to take your fob with you (whoops! d'oh!).

Small consolation, I know. Just don't forget to lock your car.

This is just like several BMW models. You had to remember to lock the car.

As for entering the car....with smart entry, you shouldn't have to press any buttons. Just open one of the front car doors or the trunk. It should unlock if you have the fob with you.

If you want to open the passenger door for somebody, you'll need to either ...

A) open the passenger door yourself...
or..

B) open the driver door by way of smart entry, then press the door "unlock" button on the driver's door handle...
or..

C) press your "unlock" button on your fob (twice to open the passenger door, I think)

·
Registered
515 Posts
anthonynd4prius said:
We know smart entry requires you to push the gray button to get into the car
I didn't!

Actually, you don't.

Just passing you hand inside the handle sensing area will do the trick. It sees your hand, then scans for the fob. No physical contact is required.

Showing that to my sister really ticked her off. She's just a "tad" jealous of the goodies my Prius has. Too bad. Sibling rivalry is great!

·
Registered
112 Posts
BIF said:
If you want to open the passenger door for somebody, you'll need to either ...

A) open the passenger door yourself...
or..

B) open the driver door by way of smart entry, then press the door "unlock" button on the driver's door handle...
or..

C) press your "unlock" button on your fob (twice to open the passenger door, I think)
You could just change the unlock sequence. I made it so no matter what door i go to, all unlock. there should be instructions in your manual and on Johns webpage.

Basically, there are 3 pre programmed sequences. To "scroll" through them, hold down the "lock" and "panic" button at the same time. Hold them down untill the the car beeps. Now, your car has changed it's unlock sequence. test your doors. It may be in single unlock mode. So any door you go to will only unlock that door. the next mode is "all ulock" i believe. Have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts