Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The keyless entry system is a fine idea. However, it is rather big to be on your keychain.

It certainly would be nice if Toyota made a mini version, sans mechanical key or buttons to lock/unlock--simply the hardware to make the Prius know it's you.

Perhaps then it could be as small and light as a regular key.

My smart garage door opener comes with a fat opener box, but there is a tiny aftermarket one available for purchase. I'd be willing to pay extra for such a device for the Prius.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
We're never satisfied are we!!! I think it's a great idea, heck, I'd like a smaller one with the key still built in, or with the controller within the 'fat part' of the key so it just looks like a normal key. The problem is that it wouldn't fit in the slot if the battery died, and if you got locked (battery in car dies, battery in fob dies) you'd be stuck.

I think we can anticipate these things shrinking in size over the years with the popularity they'll have, but for right now I'm thrilled that I have one of the only cars in the world that even has the technology.
--evan

·
Registered
71 Posts
Let's go ALL the way....a small chip implanted under the skin of your right hand, powered by exposure to light or bio-electric activity. Then your car is really yours....and you belong to it.....a marriage made in Toyota City, Japan!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts