Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today we stopped to fill for the second time, and my husband had a very difficult time getting the gas cap off. When we filled the first time it didn't seem that difficult. When replacing the cap I turned it till it clicked once. Also, the whole fill spout assembly seems to be loose. Is this normal?

Ann

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
It may shift position when pressed, that is normal. If it rattles loosely, that is not normal.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The fill spout on Phoebe wiggles when I'm trying to get the nozzle out. Also, the nozzle seems to fit extraordinarily tight. It's a struggle to remove it every time I fill up. I've gotten used to it but it's a royal pain in the pants.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I thought I was the only one having trouble unscrewing the gas cap. Each fill seems to be a little different from the one before, but none as easy as my other cars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
gas cap

I haven't had a problem getting the cap off, But the whole assembaly does seem loose :?:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wes thinks he might have been over turning the cap. I haven't tried it yet. We also were surprised with how tight the nozzle fit, but I presume that's because of the bladder and the fume recovery system.

Ann

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you have had the fuel gauge TSB or if your Prius was manufactured with the new tank neck, the loose feel is normal. I asked the same question after the dealer did the TSB and replaced the neck (and the gauge - see other posts) and was told that the new neck sort of floats and will feel "wiggly" when you put the nozzle in.

Susan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts