Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel I can safely say this without giving too much away...Claire drives a Prius in the final episode, but the interior shots (dashboard and such) are definitely NOT that of a Prius!!

What the heck were they thinking??

·
Registered
48 Posts
At least they got the POWER button & shift lever right.

It's sort of like how 99% of the PCs and laptops you see in the alternate TV & movie universe are Macintoshes, but half the time when they show a screen closeup it's a Windows display.

·
Registered
393 Posts
paul16451 said:
I feel I can safely say this without giving too much away...Claire drives a Prius in the final episode, but the interior shots (dashboard and such) are definitely NOT that of a Prius!!

What are you talking about? I watched the episode. And there was the display, with it showing the CD function buttons...And the stick to shift into drive was correct...I mean, what else was wrong? Did I miss something? The seats looked correct...she had a loaded car, and was driving with the window down...

I dunno.

Okay, when she backed up, there was no 'beep' although she could have turned off the beep...(I have read how to do that around here somewhere)...

I thought the ending was great. One of the best endings a TV show has ever had, IMHO.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah the ending was great. I'm going to miss that show! :cry: :cry: :cry:

The shot of the Prius driving with that music would make a great Prius commerical.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I didn't think it was anything but a Prius interior. The MFD was set to the Audio screen. In fact, I was thinking this morning of all the filming reasons it would not be the map or the energy/consumption screen. I was also thinking about 2 other things: that Claire got the car pretty fast after she wrecked her other one (not much wait!!) and that the Prius was the perfect choice for her character. Claire would not exactly be driving an SUV!

I also thought it was an incredible ending and the music added a great dimension to it, and I agree it would make a great commercial. I'll miss that show a lot.

Susan
04 Silver BC
50.7 mpg this tank so far

·
Registered
71 Posts
Finale

Go Claire,
Boy, did I my eyes light up when I saw that Power Button. I always knew I liked Claire.
I think Kathy Bates' character would go well in a Prius also.
And, speaking of HBO and Prius, don't forget that Curb Your Enthusiam starts next month...........you know that Larry David drives!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TJandGENESIS said:
paul16451 said:

What are you talking about? I watched the episode. And there was the display, with it showing the CD function buttons...And the stick to shift into drive was correct...I mean, what else was wrong? Did I miss something? The seats looked correct...she had a loaded car, and was driving with the window down...

I dunno.

Okay, when she backed up, there was no 'beep' although she could have turned off the beep...(I have read how to do that around here somewhere)...

I thought the ending was great. One of the best endings a TV show has ever had, IMHO.
Yes, the stick was correct, the power button was correct, but I didn't see any hint of what should have been a quite bright speedometer display (perhaps they blacked that out, for obvious reasons), and the dashboard seemed a totally different color than I've seen in other Priuses. I have the show On Demand, perhaps I'll watch it again.

Actually, now that I think of it, it makes perfect sense for her to have driven a Prius, given the nasty harping she was doing on the SUV owners in the previous episode.

I agree on the kudos to the ending, though...save for the one complaint I had about George still being alive 20 years later, given his earlier troubles I found that hard to believe. I thought it was cool that out of all the characters, Claire was the one who lived the longest to 102. Probably because she joined an environmental group and didn't breathe so much exhaust!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm rather surprised that she bought a car when she's going to live in New York City where parking is non-existent. Isn't that a little like bringing a swimsuit to the Antarctic? :roll:

·
Registered
919 Posts
I don't watch the show, but my husband does. He called me over to the tape to show me my car--color and all. I have to say it was an impressive ending to a show, even for someone not familiar with its content.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I loved the episode! Claire definated is a Prius girl! Made me wonder if I should have ordered the Seaside Pearl Prius. But alas, I got word that my Tideland Pearl Prius is here!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Prius on TV

Has anyone noticed the Prius on other TV shows? Rory drives the original Prius on "Gilmore Girls", and Peter on "The Family Guy" drives an animated new Prius.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Were you aware that the Prius was capable of a Time Warp

This episode caught my attention as well and I had to laugh at the way they kept showing her driving in the Prius between time warp snapshots of everyone on the show aging until they died.

I can only hope this is not one of those surprise features. :D

I'm aging too quickly as it is!!!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Could it be that the Prius represented the "car of the future" as the future of all the characters was being flashed?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts