Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have searched for Sirius info on this site and have gotten some information; however, when I emailed a suggested site regarding the necessary equipment, they said that it (Solara) would not work with my Prius. The following is their reply:

Thank you for your interest in Mcgeorgeparts.com. In response to your e-mail about sirrus in your 05 prius we have researched this question and have found that this kit does not fit the 05 prius. If you have anymore questions or would like to order accessories for your vehicle please keep us in mind. Once again thank you for your interest.
Needless to say, I am a bit confused. I had a portable Sirius receiver hardwired and sticking (until it "unstuck") to my previous auto's dash. Not only was it hideous but it was difficult to access. I would love to access Sirius from my screen / steering wheel. I would appreciate any information in layman's terms if at all possible! I can pass for a "cheapie" and a "greenie", but never a "techie"!

GRAZIE!

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
They may be looking it up. See if they say the same thing for XM. If they do, you know they are wrong. The Solara XM does work with the Prius, as that's what Coastal and PriusXM sell.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dan,

Thank you for your reply. YOU WROTE:
They may be looking it up. See if they say the same thing for XM. If they do, you know they are wrong. The Solara XM does work with the Prius, as that's what Coastal and PriusXM sell.
I emailed them again and asked if they were sure as I had gotten the info from others on this site who had purchased the Solara kit for the Prius. Their reply was:

Toyota does not list the Sirrus for the Prius or have any install directions . I know some have ordered the unit to install in the Prius but we don't have any info at this time on how to do it.
Any suggestions? Even if I do purchase the kit, I don't know if anyone would be able to install it. Unless the directions are the same for the Prius and the Solara.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought mine from these guys but didn't tell them it was for a Prius. Works fine although I recommend a different antenna than comes with the Solara kit. Have fun, Rick

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I just ordered a kit from the following:

http://www.factoryinteractive.com/

They also have an XM kit. According to the testimonials (especially for the XM kit), installation seems pretty easy. The integration looks very good. I should get my kit tomorrow and I plan to install it tomorrow night. Let me know if you are interested in how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts