Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have seen several references to getting the 2006 below MSRP in Silicon Valley, but I am not having much luck. I have called Piercy, Capitol, Stevens Creek, and Sunnyvale. Capitol and Sunnyvale offered a 350 Costco discount. Sunnyvale said it offered 700 discount only at all day corporate sales events (Google was the example).

No one is nudging on the price. They simply say it can't be done, even if it means loosing the sale.

I have cash in hand for a 2006 package 8. Does anyone know of a dealership who is selling for less than MSRP -350?

TIA,

Soon to be Stealthgirl

·
Registered
30 Posts
Three people at work bought one this week. Three different locations, Stevens Creek, Fremont and Folsom. All paid MSRP. Good luck, but I am not that hopeful. Sunnyvale said they still have a 3-5 month waiting list, BTW.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
stealthgirl said:
Hi all,

I have seen several references to getting the 2006 below MSRP in Silicon Valley, but I am not having much luck. I have called Piercy, Capitol, Stevens Creek, and Sunnyvale. Capitol and Sunnyvale offered a 350 Costco discount. Sunnyvale said it offered 700 discount only at all day corporate sales events (Google was the example).

No one is nudging on the price. They simply say it can't be done, even if it means loosing the sale.

I have cash in hand for a 2006 package 8. Does anyone know of a dealership who is selling for less than MSRP -350?

TIA,

Soon to be Stealthgirl
Fly to Virginia, $1000 off MSRP list on the 05 Left-Overs, All mines are pre-ordered/reserved at MSRP list. Why don't you pay the MSRP and be eligible for the 1st 60k units quota for the $3150 "Tax Credit" !

The Largest PRIUS & HH Purveyor at Fremont Toyota-Scion.
Located: in the Beautiful San Francisco Bay Area, Northern
California.__________________________________________
******Email: [email protected]**********

C.Rickey Hirose, Fleet-Ecommerce Sales Manager.
The Hybrid vehicle's Ambassador.
(510) 252-5420 B. or (925) 699-6450 Cell.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Costco discount in South Bay

That's weird about the Costco discount. When I put in a quote request, it went to Piercey Toyota in SJ. I have a friend who had done so earlier and they were also directed to Piercey.

I'm here in Las Vegas presently. A quick stop at a Toyota dealership here and they have some in stock! A local I know just bought his 2006 Pkg7 at $1400 below MSRP. I also could have purchased immediately, a 2006 Blue #3. They were willing to deal but I'm very hesitant about buying a car out of state and bringing it back to CA for the registration process. I could very well save $1000 but worried about the hassles. Plus I'd put 540 miles on the car that I wouldn't have to and break it in with purely freeway miles on the way home to the bay area.

glen

·
Registered
13 Posts
Costco discount in South Bay

Oops, I guess since my LV friend's car has leather, it's a pkg8.

Well, still thinking about the Blue pkg3 here, I have to Saturday to decide unless they sell it before then.

glenk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bought from Capitol Toyota with Costco Discount

Capitol Toyota is offering the Costco discount and the Triple-A discount. I ordered my Silver pkg 8 today. Estimated delivery of 6-10 weeks.

Worked with Tu Nguyen, who is very nice.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Re: Bought from Capitol Toyota with Costco Discount

stealthgirl said:
Capitol Toyota is offering the Costco discount and the Triple-A discount. I ordered my Silver pkg 8 today. Estimated delivery of 6-10 weeks.

Worked with Tu Nguyen, who is very nice.
Hello Stealthgirl. My recommendation to all my Prius ordering customers is the following: Place as many reservation orders with different dealers as long as they do not cash your deposit like myself and the dealer that can deliver the Prius the fastest gets your business ! There is FederalTax Credit money of up to $3150 for the 1st 60k units sold nationwide. I think you will be OK by 10 weeks delivery time but better be prepared and not be missing the Boat !

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Re: Bought from Capitol Toyota with Costco Discount

C.Rickey Hirose said:
There is FederalTax Credit money of up to $3150 for the 1st 60k units sold nationwide. I think you will be OK by 10 weeks delivery time but better be prepared and not be missing the Boat !
Clarification AGAIN!
It is not 1st 60K cars sold, but the the calendar quarter 60K is sold, and the following quarter. The quarter after that, there's still a credit, but it is reduced.
Not likely Toyota will sell 60K cars in this quarter, so you would have until June 30th the earliest, and probably as late as September 30th. You may have all of this year even. Not sure if Lexus counts against Toyota's 60K.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts