Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: SIDE WINDOW VISORS AND A DASH MAT:

KAREN ANN WROTE" I have lots of questions today. (1) Barbara in La spoke of side window visors. Why are they used and where do we purchase them?

(2) OldFox and BMcGraw talk about a "dashmat." I can figure out why we need that item (I think) : to reduce glare and heat) . But where do we purchase this item?

Thank you for all your good tips and comments. Karen Ann

WHERE DO WE GET SIDE WINDOW VIROS AND THE DASH MAT? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. BECKY

·
Registered
81 Posts
BECKY: I got my Dashmat from Magnussen's Toyota of Palo Alto, CA. Phone: (650) 494-2100. It is a Mobile Shield brand. The black looks very good with my Salsa Red and the Ivory Interior (My seat covers are a perfect match to the orginal) Had a very good buying experience with Magnussen's totao cost $54.07 including shipping.
A word of caution - some folks say they don't like the dashmat because they are unable to get a good fit - I found it requires a lot of time and patience but is wrinkle free and looks very good if applied correctly. One Key is to use lots of velcro.

Hope this helps. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
becky said:
RE: SIDE WINDOW VISORS AND A DASH MAT:

KAREN ANN WROTE" I have lots of questions today. (1) Barbara in La spoke of side window visors. Why are they used and where do we purchase them?

WHERE DO WE GET SIDE WINDOW VISORS AND THE DASH MAT? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. BECKY
Hi Becky & Karen Ann:

Noticed no one had answered you yet on the window visor question. For the best pics of what they look like and how to install them, got to:

http://www.vfaq.net/

Click on the MODS (modifications) button and then the BODY button. Tom does list where to get them, but I used another website that I found via this board:

http://www.toyota-parts.ca/

They allow you to have the windows open in the rain, and to vent heat from the car without the fear of rain entering. I installed them on my minivan years ago and love them. If you have to park in the sun, you can roll the windows down an inch or so and no one can tell from the outside (unless they get up close and personal with your car). It really helps to keep the inside temp down to a semi-tolerable level.

You can also order splash guards from here at a reasonable cost, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts