·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a set of custom fit seat covers.

these here
http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.c ... 358&cid=60
although, not in that blue color :D

and for the base cushions you are supposed to run the straps under the seat, but above the seat rail. To preseve the adjustability obviously. But anyway, our beloved car has plastic side panels on the base of the seat cushions. I am thinking some sort of clip or hidden screw, and before I start screwing around and potentially break something :D I thought I would ask if someone has done it before and can post how they remove?

Specifically I am looking for the passenger side, as that is where my dog sits :D Don't think I will put the driver's side one on.

:eek:

Spike

·
Registered
457 Posts
"you are supposed to run the straps under the seat"
I have a different brand of seat cover (cloth) but the stretch straps are the same. They're easy to hook up and work fine.. Why make it more complicated..?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"you are supposed to run the straps under the seat"
I have a different brand of seat cover (cloth) but the stretch straps are the same. They're easy to hook up and work fine.. Why make it more complicated..?
So you just ran them over the covers?

Doesn't that
a) look like crap
b) get in the way

Spike

·
Registered
457 Posts
So you just ran them over the covers?
Doesn't that
a) look like crap
b) get in the way

Spike.. Maybe I missed something in your question... That happens..
My seat covers pull over the factory seat..sort of tight ..form fitting. (Like a bottom bed sheet) The stretch straps (2 each side and 2 in the back) are sewed to the bottom edge of the seat cover. Pull em under the seat and attach to the under springs with plastic hooks to keep the cover from shifting around. The straps may show a little but they dont get in the way. I think it's pretty much the way all pull-over car seat covers are secured.
* My seat backs didn't come with holes for the head rest shafts so I punched them out with a phillips screw driver..
They were $30 at my local Toyota shop. Front seats only.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the ones I have go over the top of the stock seats too, cut specifically for the Prius. Because they are specific to the Prius, there aren't any straps in back say; like on general fit covers.

But on the cover for the bottom cushion, you run straps under the cushion. Two from front to back, two from side to side. I think it is to keep the cover from moving around as people move against it -- or in my case a very spoiled dog moves around.

The straps from front to back are done. It is the side to side ones that I haven't done. I think if I just go over the top of those plastic covers, the straps will interfere with the seat sliding forward and back. Although my dog doesn't adjust the seat too much, people getting in, sometimes do.

Spike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts