Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May 21, 2004

Today my partner and I each took delivery of a silver Prius, Package 9 from Toyotatown in Stockton CA [800] 877-5150. The Prius manager at Toyotatown, Asif Mahmood said he has another car [canceled order] for immediate delivery. If you have a long wait for yours, call him. You might get lucky. Toyotatown does not add extra dealer markup on their cars.

I had my order in for only three weeks. Toyotatown had two orders canceled and Asif called me. We each bought a Prius.

I read a recent post on this forum and ordered a set of mud-guards for the car. The part number is C0060-47004that is C-Zero Zero Six Zero-Four Seven Zero Zero Four. I have had them for several weeks and had them installed on the car this afternoon. They look sharp.

Dont bother trying to order these mud guards from a US dealer since they are only available from a Canadian Dealer. Apparently they are required on Canadian cars. Google for Toyota Canada and call the parts department at any Toyota dealer you find.

Unfortunately Toyota does not make or supply side moldings for the car. Thus our Prius vehicles are a prime target for those uncaring individuals who believe that the best way to get rid of a shopping carts is to aim it at a nearby car and let go. To fix a door dent properly you are looking at several hundred dollars worth of body shop workand paint work.

The good news is that side moldings made for the 2004 Toyota Highlander nearly fit the Prius as if they were made for the car. Installed they leave about an inch to an inch and a quarter from the front and rear edge of each door. They come with a glue strip on the back of the molding and go on easily. Best way to install them is to apply masking tape directly below where the molding will fit on the door. Check to see that it looks right and then install the molding with its bottom edge directly above the tape.

Fortunately the molding comes pre-painted in Millennium Silver which is the color of my car.

The part numbers for the Silver moldings are

75731-48020-BO for the front door
75732-48020-BO for the front door
75741-48020-BO for the rear door
75732-48020-BO for the rear door

I didnt check for other colors but certainly they must be available. Worst case - you buy them in some color, take them to your local body shop and have them custom painted to your cars color. I paid $333.00 for the four moldings which is a 30% discount from retail. If you are buying a new Prius you might get your salesman to convince the parts dept. to sell the moldings to you at the discounted price.

Arizona Charlie

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Thanks for the tips. But none of my last four cars, including my Prius, have had body side mouldings or mud flaps. I don't feel any need for them. I have read elsewhere here that mudflaps can reduce your fuel economy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts