Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you need any special seat covers for the Prius package 9 to prevent interference with the restraint system. I know the curtain restraints are ok but what about the side restraint air bags. I need tan covers and yet I don't want to screw up the safety systems by ordering the wrong kind. Anybody tried any headrest covers or rear seat covers? I'd like to get a product that I can apply to the seats as a protectant but from experience I know that the two front seats should have protection from day 1.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Greenmachine,
There is a pretty impressive website that has covers for just about all makes and models of cars. It also takes into account whether or not your vehicle has side airbags. http://www.seatcoversdirect.com has a good inventory of all kinds of covers.
Nmpriusman

·
Registered
111 Posts
thanks

Thanks for the 411, NM. I just looked into the site and placed my order. Now that insurance rates have gone up again, I had to get rid of the dogs' car, so the '02 Blue Moon Pearl HAD to have seat covers...I will let you know if the product is worthy when I get them and install...With any luck, I can recover the cost of the seat covers if I have to sell the Prius.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Seat covers

Machine washable sounds great, head-and-armrests sounds great. My Ivory is getting darker all thetime.Please, please letus know!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sheepskin covers

I have equipped both my '03 and my '04 front seats with sheepskin covers from http://www.misssideless.com. The are a bit more money (about $375 per pair), but they look, fit and feel great and they are open on the side to avoid interference with the side impact air bags. The company is relatively new, and they lost my initial order, but a phone call cleared it up and within a few days of the call I had my covers. Installation was easy and they really add a plush feel to both cars.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Seat Covers for Side Airbags

Our concern in Arizona is fading and sun-rotting of seat fabrics. While not an elegant solution, for years I have draped beach towels over the seats for sun protection. (It's also cooler, if you have a dark-colored interior.) These are easy to remove and replace, and the sides are open.

·
Registered
111 Posts
seat covers revisited

I ordered and received navy seat covers from the company that was listed in an earlier post. I am hoping for the best but cannot recommend them to others at this time. The cloth is not very substantial, and the stitching is not tight enough to suit me. I can see where the seams might not last through much use.
Additionally, the directions were very poor. One has to be able to interpret poor drawings into usable directions. There, too, I do not have directions on how to remove the rear seat, as the directions tell you to do in order to get the back cover to fit correctly. I ended up tucking in all the edges, at great peril to my manicure... :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts