Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Angie" from the Toyota dealership just called me as a courtesy followup to see how much I'm enjoying my new Prius...

I haven't picked it up yet.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, yesterday I received my Toyo-Guard warranty that claims it started on the 5th. Today I get a call asking how I like my car.

These are not good signs.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I called my wife... I had her check around the house to see if there was a Prius lying around. She didn't find one, but there was a message on the machne left by the same "Angie" -- or perhaps a different "Angie" with a similar sounding voice -- who called me on my cell.

I'm still set to pick it one up tomorrow at 12:00 so I guess I can only hope it's the Seaside Pearl #9 that I was told would be there.

Why she didn't call me back at the same # is a mystery. ...I wonder if this is their distorted way of having fun... Oh, man I need a beer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This reminds me of the stress I encountered during the final days, it must have driven my wife insane. Despite five months of stressful wondering of whether I would ever see a Prius, the last few days were by far the worst!

-Where was my Prius?
-What would be waiting for me at the dealer?
-Would they pull a fast one at the last minute and sell it to the highest bidder?
-What “extras” would be tacked on?
-What interesting items might show up during financing?

Hang in there melgish it is definitely worth the wait and GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
melgish said:
Well, I called my wife... I had her check around the house to see if there was a Prius lying around. She didn't find one, but there was a message on the machne left by the same "Angie" -- or perhaps a different "Angie" with a similar sounding voice -- who called me on my cell.

I'm still set to pick it one up tomorrow at 12:00 so I guess I can only hope it's the Seaside Pearl #9 that I was told would be there.

Why she didn't call me back at the same # is a mystery. ...I wonder if this is their distorted way of having fun... Oh, man I need a beer.
Oh, by the way... the bank called. You are late on your first car payment. 8)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, Ya, know that wouldn't surprise me

·
Registered
248 Posts
My wife and daughter say I am "obsessed". I emphatically deny it, tick,twich, I am defiantly not obsessed I am normal. My prius has been sitting in the dealers lot since the 26th. I can't get out to pick it up till the 13th, twitch, twitch. Two days. I have the license plate, registration, title but no car. Tick. I am OK.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Actually, I got a service reminder on the 2003 about a month after I bought it. I called the dealer, and it turned out they're not actually sent out by the dealer. I gave him the purchase date (not that he couldn't look it up) and current mileage, and got a new reminder at about the right time. :)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, it's Thursday, and I've got just under 4 hours to pickup time.

The dealer called me on Tuesday night to cancel Wednesday's pickup.
Had I not been in the hospital with my wife (she's fine now, thanks) I might have gotten quite vulgur about the additional delay. I guess they got lucky this time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Picking-Up My Prius!

I'm picking my Prius up tonite after work (I'm getting off early!!!)

Finally - after 5 1/2 months - yes these last few days have been agonizing - when the dealer called last nite, I asked him if we could do most of the financial stuff over the phone so I it would take less time - Worked out great - now instead of hours and hours it will just take hours. Anyway - he says it's all gased and ready to go!

Good Luck to you too, MelGish!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FYGIGM :)

Picked it up, it's home...just in time for the tornados and hurricanes

Why is it Bonnie and Charlie and not Bonnie and Clyde...somebody dropped the ball there

At least if I have to evacuate, I won't need to fill up for awile

·
Registered
381 Posts
melgish said:
Okay, I surrender... what's that stand for?

melgish said:
Why is it Bonnie and Charlie and not Bonnie and Clyde... somebody dropped the ball there
hehehe... good one! :D

melgish said:
At least if I have to evacuate, I won't need to fill up for awile
My wife and I were just talking about that last night. Imagine how far one could get "out of range" before having to stop at all. :)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TechnoMage said:
melgish said:
Okay, I surrender... what's that stand for?
.... you guys, I got mine :)

It's sitting quietly in the garage waiting for Charlie to pass by. Hopefully I'll get it out on the highway this Sunday. The few trips around town only left me wanting more.

·
Registered
381 Posts
melgish said:
.... you guys, I got mine :)
LOL!

melgish said:
It's sitting quietly in the garage waiting for Charlie to pass by.
Same here; otherwise, I'd been hoping my next round trip to/from work would put me over the "magic" 50mpg mark (I'm at 49.9 and 300+ miles on this tank). :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts