Toyota Prius Forum banner

I am shopping for a Prius in So-Cal and...

• I have placed a deposit with a dealership and am awaiting delivery.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not placed a deposit with a dealership but plan to.

• I have not placed a deposit with a dealership and do not plan to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure about other parts of the country but...

I'm in San Diego, on the lookout to buy a Prius before the tax credit expires in July '06. Anyone else also in So-Cal shopping?

Curiously, some dealerships are still running a waiting list here, while others are not. My local dealer had 2005s going at $2k below MSRP in November, and had a few unsold 2006s on the lot just before Christmas. I'm sure the new Civic Hybrid has detracted some demand from the Prius.

What are other prospective buyers doing? Personally, I'm waiting to see if prices will fall below MSRP, as the Prius supply/demand situation certainly seems to be equalizing here in San Diego. My feeling is that everytime I see an unsold Prius at the dealer it's a good sign that prices are soon to fall. Also, my local dealer's waiting list is only 2 weeks long! That's not much pent up demand.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put a deposit down in September...my possible car came in a couple weeks later, and again in November and December, but I turned them all down because 1) it was nearing the end of the year and I really wanted a 2006 instead and 2) I wanted to be eligible for the 2006 tax credit for delivery after 1/1/06. My car will be here either this week or next. Definitely worth the wait. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts