Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I typically remove the rear badging from my cars for a cleaner look. Just wondering if anyone else has done to their Prius? Looking for any tips or suggestions as at times, I have found not all badging is surface mounted.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Ah, a reference to Blazing Saddles.

·
Registered
610 Posts
:!: There was a recent posting on one of the Prius forums indicating that the front badge was located by two holes in the hood corresponding to pins on the badge. You might do a search in the forums. Seems someone had removed the front badge with heat and fishing line and "sawed off" the corresponding pins on the badge in the process.

Sorry I don't have more specific info.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Everything but the Toyota logo should come off easily. I think the logos are screwed on while the others are glued

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plan on leaving the Toyota ensignia logos intact. Just interested in removing the words Toyota, Prius, and *maybe* the Synergy badge from the back. I'm concerned that the TOYOTA badge is "pinned" in the back as well as stuck on with double sided adhesive tape.

Nice tip with the fishing line though. I normally use dental floss but that doesn't always hold up.

As for the badging, my wife collects those. I don't know why either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts