Toyota Prius Forum banner

Is the main driver of your Prius male for female?

• His

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hers

• Other

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets do the gender demographic. How are you equipped? :wink:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Technically hers, but I get to drive it until she recovers from foot surgery (conveniently scheduled exactly one week after we bought the car).

"Let's keep you off that foot at least a few more weeks, dear...we wouldn't want you overdoing it." Heeheehee

·
Registered
157 Posts
Heck....I thought we were gonna get to talk about whether it's legal
to tint in the front.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The name of the topic scared me for a minute. I was like...Uh Oh, how long has this been up? How many have seen it? :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
SEX survey?

heh... You phrased the subject like that to get people to think it was different kind of sex survey, didn't you? :wink:

I'm the primary, since I average 70 miles a day and my wife averages 10 miles. (She commutes just to work and back; my work is on-site computer repair, so I drive all over town all day.)

Since we went from me driving the 35mpg car and my wife driving the 15mpg car to me driving the 45mpg car and my wife driving the 35; I figure we've saved about 180 gallons of gas. At an average of $2.00 a gallon ($2.092 according to my spreadsheet,) that equates to about $360 saved. Yeah, at this rate, it would take 20 years to save the difference in cost of the Prius over the other option at the time (Hyundai Elantra GT, $15,000,) but I still think it's worth it.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brian said:
The name of the topic scared me for a minute. I was like...Uh Oh, how long has this been up? How many have seen it? :)
Thought I'd make you jump. :) :wink:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Technically, the car is the dog's, but she's a she, so I guess "hers" is right. She lets me drive it, if I make sure the kibble jar is full. There's not a "mine" choice in the survey, anyway, so I couldn't even lie and say it is.

·
Registered
669 Posts
You know, I gotta wonder about the "other" category.... reminds me of my old college roomate who was once traumatized by a nightmare in which she(?) was in a sex education class and on the test everything was for "male" "female" or "other", as in, "if you are male or female please label the appropriate diagram, if you are other please make a diagram and label it".

Is it Friday yet?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Astrowoman said:
You know, I gotta wonder about the "other" category.... reminds me of my old college roomate who was once traumatized by a nightmare in which she(?) was in a sex education class and on the test everything was for "male" "female" or "other", as in, "if you are male or female please label the appropriate diagram, if you are other please make a diagram and label it".

Is it Friday yet?
I've known people who's gender was not a clear cut answer. I just didn't want to get into trouble like I did when I did the age survey and missed adding the top age bracket. Hyperion may never forgive me for that!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I voted "his," because I'm still behind the wheel most of the time, but my wife and are are much more egalitarian about driving since we got the Prius. She hated to drive the other cars.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I suspect we will get a biased survey. I think us boys spend (waste) more time playing on the computer, and are more likely to be posting about our beloved new car.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Hep said:
I suspect we will get a biased survey. I think us boys spend (waste) more time playing on the computer, and are more likely to be posting about our beloved new car.
Speak for yourself... :wink:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Coulda put an "our" category... Then absent spouses/SOs get counted, too.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tleonhar said:
Sanny said:
Coulda put an "our" category... Then absent spouses/SOs get counted, too.
Good point!

My wife told me to put this in :D
I know that it is rare to have a car be strictly his or hers. I was looking for the "main" driver. Even then where would I be without my SO to tell me how to drive. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts