Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to set up my hand held cellphone with the Bluetooth system in my 2004 Prius. However, my phone is not on the official Toyota Technical Bulletin of Jan 10, 2005 titled "Bluetooth Compatible Cellular Phones".

So I purchased from Radio Shack a Cardo brand "BTA II Bluetooth Adapter for non-BT Mobile Phones" for $51. This is a 2X2X0.4 inch square Bluetooth device which plugs into the non-Bluetooth phone and which allows the phone to communicate with Bluetooth headsets & other Bluetooth devices.

When I asked my Toyota dealer to set up my cell phone with the Cardo Bluetooth adapter to my Prius, I was told it could not be done; because my phone was not on the offical Toyota list. The dealer did not remove the Cardo Adapter from the package to try it.

Does anyone know if the Cardo Bluetooth Adapter will work in the Prius? If so, how can I convince the Toyota dealer to set it up?

Any technical details and explanations would be most helpful.

Thanks, Harrison

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
We haven't yet found adapters to work. For one thing, there's no management of the bluetooth from the phone's side. However, it might work if you set the Prius security passcode to 0000.

Also, just because a phone is not listed doesn't mean it won't work. New phones are coming out all the time, and not all of them are tested. If a phone is not listed, you can see if you can try a demo with the car.

·
Registered
128 Posts
DanMan32 said:
We haven't yet found adapters to work. For one thing, there's no management of the bluetooth from the phone's side. However, it might work if you set the Prius security passcode to 0000.

Also, just because a phone is not listed doesn't mean it won't work. New phones are coming out all the time, and not all of them are tested. If a phone is not listed, you can see if you can try a demo with the car.
Ditto. No luck with the Jabra A210 adapter either. Did not try 0000 though. The key is you must "link" which generally requires the phone to send information to the vehicle, which then recognizes the device. Only bluetooth phones seem to have the "link" feature. Looking into the Motorola DC600 adapter which appears more sophisticated but Motorola documentation is very poor. Calling them direct to see if it will work.

Anyone try the 0000 code and have an adapter work?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.