Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered the service manuals for the 2005? Any comments on the price and quality of manuals?

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
I bought a set for the 2005/2004 off "E" bay for $250. (They list between $350 and $407.) Three volumes and twelve pounds of paper. (The 2004 Lexas is one volume at around $100.)
The service manual is in my opinion very poorly written just as is the owners manual with the systems scattered throughout all three volumes. There are diagrams throughout with numbered parts along side of the diagrams but Toyota failed to number any of the parts diagramed.
The appendex is not a bit helpfull and a lot of searching has to be done to find anything, and it has to be done in all three volumes.
I've purchased a service manual for every car I have owned in the past fifty years and they have all been worthwhile.. I cannot in all honesty recommend this one.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Iv'e taken the time to download it piece by piece and assemble it into a series of PDFs. I agree, could be written better, especially exactly where parts are located. Often it's hard to tell.
Wiring diagram is pretty good, though in some sections, they exclude pinouts for some modules that are not related to the section. For example, the radio section misses the pins for its illumination, but you do find it under Taillight and Illumination.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, but Dan, did you manage to get ALL of it? Where did you find
the rest of the index, if so? [see my anguished thread to
prius_tech...]
_
_H*

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Yes, I got it all. I had to cough up another $10 to get the few files I missed.
I verified I got it all by comparing the page count in Adobe Acrobat, to the number of pages claimed in the pages themselves. If a section went from 05-100 to -5-230, I made sure Adobe showed 131 pages. I also skimmed to be sure the pages were in order and I had no duplicates.

I almost missed the Cruise Control section, as it was only one file with I think 2 pages. But I got it!
The links don't work, since they rely on the absolute directory location, but I kept each section as a separate file, and I can do a search for the key word I am looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts