Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does Toyota train their service department employees to be as least helpful as possible. I have never had such poor service with any vehicle I have ever owned. I have only owned my Priuys for about 2 months and so far I have had to call the General Manager on 2 seperate occassions regarding poor or zero service.

One was not knowing where my car went when it went to a body shop, nor having any record of my car being at the dealership.

Second, once the car was returned (3 weeks with no status phone calls or returned phone calls) the air conditioning did not work and the service rep at the dealership, told me I had to call their body shop where the repairs were completed.

I really enjoy and like my Prius, am I expecting too much from Toyota?

·
Registered
919 Posts
I haven't had a major problem as yours, however my dealership has an excellent reputation for service. Someone always makes a call within 24 hours to see if I was pleased with the service. Sorry about your experience. You seem justified in your displeasure.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well, I had a wonderful experience when I dropped mine off today at Power Toyota in Irvine, CA.

You drive right into their servce bay where a greeter is waiting to hook you up with your service advisor. He offered coffee and donuts while waiting the 30 seconds it took Terri (the designated Prius SA) to come over.

Terri had her Prius tech come over and tell me what he was going to do. They are going to hook up the scantool and turn off the dreaded automatic recirc mode for the AC. They're doing it for free which kinda suprised me since I didn't buy it there.

Anyhow, I am impressed with how they do things. I'll let you know if there's any hiccups - I pick up the car shortly.

DGStan

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dgstan, Thanks for the info. Let me know how it goes for you. My local dealer is not a Power dealership, but I have wonderful experieces with them in the past. I used to go to Power Volvo of Cerritos and they were great and I used to go to Power Land Rover South Bay and the service was excellent there as well. Long Beach is not to far away from Irvine and I am down in that location quite a bit, so maybe I will start taking my car there. Of course I just purchased my Prius (1200 miles so far) so I shouldn't have any need for service until 5k miles. I am hoping that with enough pushing, my local dealer with wake up and fix the service issues that I have been experiencing in the short time I have owned my car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts