Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The attached document is a letter I received from Toyota regarding a service campaign they are doing for the hybrid electric water pump. Although the letter is fairly detailed, I was hoping to get some perspective from the Priusonline community.

Has anyone else received this letter? Do you have any further insights? Have you completed this campaign already? What was the outcome, did it make any difference in the vehicle's performance that you noticed?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Interesting...

We had problems with this on our 2002 Prius, years ago. I wonder if Toyota will reimburse us for previous repairs (I suspect not).

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Per the recall notice I got the recall is for "2004 through certain 2007 model year Prius vehicles" so I think your 2002 will not be covered, Phoenix. However the letter does say that they will cover previously paid for repairs of this type. There's instructions of what to submit to claim reimbursement.

Rebecca

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Service Campaign 2004 - 2007 hybrid water pump replaceme

Definitely have the recall (limited service campaign) repairs done. My 2004 Prius broke down on the highway during a road trip a couple of years ago for that exact problem targeted by this limited service campaign (water pump malfunciton). I was able to send in my repair reciept and was reimbursed by Toyota under this recall, but it was a major hassle to be stranded several hours away from my home (and it also took them a few days to fix it). I would definitely prefer to have not had that inconvenience. You probably won't see a change in your car's performance, but it could avoid a major breakdown!
Just do it! : )

Cheers,
Karen Jennings

1 - 4 of 4 Posts