Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Prius with 155,000 miles on it. I imagine that no private person would buy it out of fear that a battery replacement ($$$) might happen during their ownership.
Since the Blue Book value is around the same as a battery replacement, should I just keep the Prius until it dies (it runs fine now) or buy a new one and try to get some trade-in value from the dealer.
I don't need a new one right now, but I guess that an old Prius with a shot battery is not worth much if anything. Maybe trading up would be smart.

What do you think?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2008 Prius with 155,000 miles on it. I imagine that no private person would buy it out of fear that a battery replacement ($$$) might happen during their ownership.
Since the Blue Book value is around the same as a battery replacement, should I just keep the Prius until it dies (it runs fine now) or buy a new one and try to get some trade-in value from the dealer.
I don't need a new one right now, but I guess that an old Prius with a shot battery is not worth much if anything. Maybe trading up would be smart.

What do you think?
I have 430,000 miles on my 2007 Prius, it is still on its original hybrid batteries. A private person is fine to own a Prius with low miles eg 155,000..

Good luck, :Lee (California)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts