Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at day 107 waiting for a Salsa Red Prius #9 at Toyota of Palo Alto. I made my order on December 27th, with a $1,000 deposit. I was told the wait would be approximately 3 months, with 120 days the outside limit.

I'm currently being told I'm still #55 on the wait list, and may have to wait several months more, with no dates given, or any assurance I'll actually ever get what I ordered.

I'm interested in what other buyers have experienced at Toyota of Palo Alto, and also Putnam Toyota of Burlingame.

I think this is being very badly handled by Toyota. They cannot be faulted for underestimating the demand for the 2004 Prius, but they certainly have the computer resources to give buyers honest and reasonably accurate updates on when they may expect to receive their Prius. That they are not making any effort to do this (so it appears) is a very bad approach to public relations.

I think it would be good for Prius orderers to share our results vs. promises from various dealers, so we can know what the reality is. I don't mind waiting, as long as I'm being treated fairly and openly. I cannot yet say if that is the case with my local dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: Seeking comments on waits @ Toyota Palo Alto & Burli

I live in Southern California and ordered a blue #8 from South Bay Toyota in Torrance on April 2nd. I was told it would be a 6-8 month wait and that I was #99 on the list. The wait time is perfect for me since the lease on my current vehicle (Mercedes ML320) will be up in November.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Mel,

I got my last 2 cars (2004 Prius included) at Putnam in Burlingame and can't recommend them highly enough. In September 2000 I leased a Corolla from them after going to 2 other bay area dealers who were giving me a runaround. There was no hard sell, no pressure and no hassle.

My lease ended last September and when I called them at the beginning of the month to order my '04 Prius the salesman (same one who I dealt with 3 years before) asked me when my lease expires. I told him the date (end of September) and he informed me that the Prius won't be in until mid-late October, but they would have a loaner available for me when I turn in the Corolla-I didn't even have to ask. Sure enough, when I dropped off the Corolla, they had a car waiting for me that I used until I picked up my Prius on 10/25 They saved me a month worth of rental car costs. They also don't tack a bunch of extra fees like so many other dealers.

I can't tell you anything about wait times there, but I can easily say that I wouldn't go anywhere else if I was going to buy another Toyota. The salesman I dealt with there is Noli Bati and I would definitely suggest calling him without hesitation.

Good luck!

-Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts