Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good source for seatcovers for the 04 Prius?

The very light tan mouse fur interior is starting to get a few spots/marks on it - Have tried scotchguard on furniture and its not all that good unless you spill a drink - not much help for marks or small stains.

Looking for a nice cover designed to fit and compliment the 04 Prius.

·
Registered
51 Posts
re Seat covers

We ordered seat covers from El Cajon Toyota in El Cajon, CA custom
made for the '04 Prius. We wanted waterproof ones because our dogs
travel with us a lot. We also have the side airbags. We got an
excellent deal on GT Seat Covers model #T844+(front) and T845 (rear)
in C8 charcoal gray to go with our gray/maroon interior. They have
special flaps to accommodate the airbags. We are very happy with
them. They fit and look great (I'll post pictures when I get a
chance), are waterproof and have foam on the inside for a little
extra cushioning. You can order them from GT Covers direct (they
are in Aurora, CO) on the web at http://www.greatcovers.net or by
phone 1-866-755-6005. They go for $129.99 for either the front or
back seat and are available in ivory or gray.
Tell Ted you are a "Prius club" member if you call and get $10 off
each. We have no connection with them... just satisfied customers.
You may be able to get a lower price from your Toyota dealer if they
carry the line. We did. They also offer other fabrics besides the
waterproof ones in grey and ivory that match '04 Prius interiors.

Sev

·
Registered
38 Posts
Seat Covers etc

Hi
Did a Google search for seat covers with side airbags & got http://www.toyotapartsstore.com . They are 109 each set, front/back. Haven't tried them yet [haven't had the car a week]. Wonder if they're the same. I'll look at the other link,too.
Greg

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D Thanks for all the responses (isn't this a great forum) Will do some more checking on the Toyota sight and Greatcovers. Looked at the sheepskin but they do not have one designed to fit the Prius.
The Toyota parts store only added the covers in March so doubt anyone has them yet - would seem that a cover made by Toyota would fit a toyota better than any other but maybe not. Must make a decision soon!

·
Registered
38 Posts
two listings same...

Hi
I think the two seatcovers, from Toyota Parts Store and the one in CO are the same, tho' there are more options with the CO people -- they'll ship quick and you can get waterproof. I also have the ivory and have dogs. I suggested the Toyota place but probably will go with the other one, just because of the options.
Greg
04 White #6

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am wondering if someone could please describe (a photo would be nice) the special seat cover requirement for the Prius with the seat side airbags. I may need to get a set custom made (sheepskin) and need to know how to incorporate some sort of side slit or hole to allow the airbag to deploy. Is there any doco on the subject?

·
Registered
38 Posts
seatcovers take time to make

Hi
I ordered two waterproof seat covers from the place in CO and paid extra for faster shipping. Their confirmation email said they have to make them up so it will take longer. Just in case anyone is in a hurry. But I emailed Toyota Parts Store with a question last week and am still waiting for a reply. Just so you all know.
As for a photo of what the covers for an airbag look like, I'll try to take digital photos of that side and attach it here after they come in.
Greg
04 Super White/Ivory #6

·
Registered
319 Posts
I bought the velour, gray, seat covers from them. I am very happy to get them on Wed to Fri of next week. If you would like some pictures of the side airbag configuration they have, a very nice guy over on Priuschat posted some pictures. If you would like the link, here it is: http://www.priuschat.com/forums/viewtop ... eat+covers . Just scroll down about half way down the page, they should be there.

Brian

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered seatcovers for my 2004 Salsa Red Prius today - should be here in 10 to 14 days. $124.95 incl mailing. Ordered from Toyota parts store in Milwaulkee,. WI This is a Toyota Dealer. They should match the ivory interior. I could have ordered the same thing from gtcovers.com but went with the toyotastore.com - Price and hey they said OEM velour to match the interior. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts