Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new seat covers came for my 2005 Prius w/side airbags. Directions say allow 45 minutes for exact installation. Not possible for mechanically challenged klutz and husband. I inquired at Pep Boys who seemed a bit intimidated by air bag issue and suggested I pay a bit more and go to Toyota. Question: is installation typical which means "mechanically unchallenged" individuals will do, or should I go straight to Toyota? Did a search on this and couldn't come up with any insights.

·
Registered
249 Posts
no way

Now Way......do it yourself....do not waste your money....
If you got covers with an gate on front to sides you are okey.....

I know it takes more than 45 minutes...and the back bottom part of the seat is real pain in the neck...

Have fun...do it yourself .....you will feel proud after all...

·
Registered
669 Posts
Hey rmarchena, that was actually pleasant and it makes sense!!!!

Seat covers are a pain in general, and for these you probably need to make sure they are lined up and adjusted properly. It probably took me a good 20 minutes to put a sheepskin cover on my old Saturn seat... There is very little you could actually do wrong that would do any harm except maybe put the left cover on the right seat.

Fear not!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks again, Astrowoman, but I'm already left handed and reverse myself all the time! Is there hope for me doing the job? Must be reading my mind regarding you, Marchena. Thank you for responding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts