Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having already disabled the reverse beep, is there any way to turn off the seatbelt beep. Sometimes it just irritates that while driving you can't click out of the seat belt without that noise. I'm all for the belts but the flashing lights are enough of a warning. ANyone got procedures for this?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Hi, Michelle:

I was thinking the very same thing today......that beep is very annoying. I always buckle up. But sometimes, you have to "click out" temporarily...such as to get out a parking stub, money to give a parking attendant or my keys (for my gated community remote control).

Another thing that bugged me, was upon entering my car, I want to get the car started to get the AC going. After all, I do live in Florida....it gets hot here, and even more so in an enclosed car.

I always buckle up. It's force-of-habit, and a very strong force at that. But sometimes, I start the car first, particularly if I'm in a bad neighborhood late at night. I get in, close and lock my door, and start the car....THEN I buckle up. Once the car is started, if an emergency should develop, I can just hit the gas (oops...force of habit....should I have said "accellerator pedal?").

But doing things in the above order will subject me to the irritating seat belt beeps. Aaaarrghhh! I don't even want to hear one single beep, because I haven't even done anything wrong yet!

Anyhow, thanks for the directions!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts