Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just joined this group. I really like the format of this message board system.

I am interested in purchasing a 2004 or 2005 Prius. I have only seen the Salsa Red Pearl. Does anyone have a good picture of their Seaside Pearl that they could share? I'd love to see it.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just joined this group. I really like the format of this message board system.
Well, let me be the first to welcome you to the site and that your contributions here are greatly appreciated. :D

-Brian 8)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bad colors on Toyota's website...

I have a seaside pearl and really like the color. It looks NOTHING like the color on Toyota's website and looks NOTHING like the color in the Prius brochure. The best picture of the color I have seen (aside from digital pics on this site and at priuschat.com) was in Consumer Reports May 04 issue, where they reviewed a seaside pearl.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Bad colors on Toyota's website...

stevesol said:
The best picture of the color I have seen (aside from digital pics on this site and at priuschat.com) was in Consumer Reports May 04 issue, where they reviewed a seaside pearl.
Thanks for the website. I really like that seaside pearl. However, I'm torn between that and the Salsa Red Pearl.

·
Registered
30 Posts
With the scarcity of the Prius, having two favorite colors is actually a good thing. You can let chance decide which color you'll get, and you'll most likely get it sooner.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Yes, being flexible is good. I turned down a package 9 Seaside Pearl partly because it wasn't green, it was gray. (In the light it was in, it was decidedly GRAY. No green hue to it at all.) I like the descriptive 'Gunmetal Olive Pearl', since under some light, it has a slight green cast to it, but most of the time it looks like a mid-tone gray.

Before I had seen the real 'Seaside Pearl', it was my first choice, with Tideland and Driftwood Pearls tied for second. After seeing Seaside and Tideland, Tideland became my favorite, with Driftwood second. (Although they had a package 7 Tideland, so I got it.)

If the Seaside had been really green, I would have been significantly more likely to get it, even though it was more expensive than I wanted to pay. In the end, the color being 'wrong' helped sell me on the cheaper package 7 in a color I actually like.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have the blue, and Melgish's picture captures the color perfectly. I think ehurtly is confusing the names. He keeps refering to the seaside as the green that isn't green, but the seaside is the blue. I think tideland is the green that isn't.

I've only ever seen two colors in real life: blue and red. Red is not my color in cars, but if you like red, the salsa Prius is a very nice red.

·
Registered
149 Posts
blue

Seaside=blue, Tideland=green/gray. My Seaside is a cool blue. Very nice. I l love the color.
The Tideland I've seen up close and personal is REALLY nice. Green hues in the sun, hints of gray. In low light, the gray stands out more. Very 'sophisicated' color.
The Salsa is a deep red, not blood-red but more burgandy red. Only seen that color while drivng beside one.
ANY prius right now is the right color, IMHO! Drive clean, drive fun, drive Prius...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got my Seaside blue Prius on Friday - it's gorgeous, I had never seen one except in the catalog and it's much nicer than the pictures there!! Mine looks just like the ones pictured here. We had asked for any color (package #9) except white....and I got my favorite, red was my 2nd choice, I had test driven a red one and liked it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good choice; hope you get one. I love my Seaside Pearl and get many comments on the color. I think of it as a kind of glacial blue, or slate blue; very dignified and not a "kid's toy blue" color. It was my first choice; the green which isn't, Tideland, and the Salsa Red Pearl were my second choices.
Best to be flexible, as you no doubt have been told. The more color and option choices you'll accept, the better your chances of getting a car. Remember, the dealers cannot order specific options and color packages; they take whatever Toyota sends them. With cars like the Corolla and Camry, the dealers swap with one another to get you what you want, but they can't do that with the high demand/scarce Prius. I spent some time on the waiting list trying to imagine myself in any of the colors. Silver was my last choice but it's the most popular and I was offered a silver #1, dealer demo, the day before I found my Seaside Pearl. I was about to reluctantly accept the silver one when someone on the chatline notified me that the color and option I wanted was at a dealer 200 miles from my house. A phone call later, and I had the car.
Check with dealers in small communities as they may have Prii more readily than the big city dealers.
Good luck,
Bob

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Whoops. You're right. I've been calling them backwards. hehehe... (Now I've got to change my avatar, since it says the wrong color name.)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Bob Allen said:
... With cars like the Corolla and Camry, the dealers swap with one another to get you what you want, but they can't do that with the high demand/scarce Prius...
My dealer did. I don't know what he swapped, but I wanted a blue "AM" and he traded with another dealer to get it for me, and even got it a month sooner than promised. I guess someone somewhere else was willing to wait another month for his first choice.

I would not have accepted a car without all the safety features, so I needed an "AM" or a "BC" with a preference for the former. I'd have accepted any color but red, with a preference for the blue. I explained all that to the dealer and he got me exactly what I wanted in 2 months. Of course, this was over half a year ago, before the demand got totally insane.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts