Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the above luggage container at Sears and the salesman said this box is too big (16 cu. ft; 76L x 33W x16H) for my '04 Prius. He then went on to recommend a 20 cu ft. model that was basically a big square box-- much less aerodynamic, higher, and more frontal area. When I tried to ask him about this he simply said it is too big and walked away.

Are any of you using this box on an '04-'06 Prius? Could it be that the length of the box is indeed this critical, causing lift, etc.?

Or what luggage boxes do you recommend in the 12 - 14 cu. ft. size? Aero is important I'd think, which is why I went with this Sears model (and because I could get it "free" with my credit card points).

PA P

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
So he went and recommended an even bigger box?

Last I checked, 20 cu ft is greater than 16 cu ft.
Let me take my shoes off so I can use my toes to double check on this.

Yep, when I count my fingers and toes, 16 comes before 20, so 20 must be bigger.

·
Registered
304 Posts
PA Prius said:
Are any of you using this box on an '04-'06 Prius? Could it be that the length of the box is indeed this critical, causing lift, etc.?
Man its hard to beat free. What kind of roof racks were you thinking of getting to support this?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am leaning toward the Saris.

Is "lift" that critical of an issue on a longer box? It still seems like this long aero box would be more suitable for the car than the big boxy box.

PA P

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.