Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the SD Auto Show yesterday and was even more impressed with Toyota than I have been growing up with them!! Toyota seemed to have more floor space than the other dealers and really based their forward thinking on economy and the enviroment. They had a base Prius and a package 8 (both 06). Seeing so many cars side by side and going from one to the other was a blast! The only other car that I thought was as nice as my Prius and worth the large ticket was the Audi line. All comfortable (except the backseat in that convertible!) and they have such a good reputation for safety and dependability but you have to use a shifting lever!!! What's up with that?? And I don't think I can be without my SmartKey ever again. I believe that I sold at least two famlies on getting one.

Course if you want a vehicle just for tailgating Suzuki had a concept car out there with a BBQ and a cooler in the back but no top on the vehicle...guess that might be one for the Hummer Crowd.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just a small point, but there were no dealers at the SD Auto Show. It's a Manufacturers show, dealers are not allowed.

If you count Volvo, Lincoln and Mercury, Ford had considerably more floor space than Toyota. If you count Saab, Saturn and Buick, GM had considerably more floor space than Toyota.

After seeing the 06 Prius' at the Auto show I'm glad I got an 05, that huge chrome "HYBRID" sticker they've put on the front fenders of the 06 Prius would drive me nuts.

Thought the Fairlane concept was kinda neat. Thought the Saturn Aura production car came out very well done, much closer to the concept than I expected.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
s3nfo said:
Just a small point, but there were no dealers at the SD Auto Show. It's a Manufacturers show, dealers are not allowed.
If you count Volvo, Lincoln and Mercury, Ford had considerably more floor space than Toyota. If you count Saab, Saturn and Buick, GM had considerably more floor space than Toyota.

After seeing the 06 Prius' at the Auto show I'm glad I got an 05, that huge chrome "HYBRID" sticker they've put on the front fenders of the 06 Prius would drive me nuts.

Thought the Fairlane concept was kinda neat. Thought the Saturn Aura production car came out very well done, much closer to the concept than I expected.
The guy at the Prius area was a salesman from El Cajon Toyota so as far as I am concerned, he does represent his dealership.
Toyota as an single entity was very well represented on the floor. Just because Ford and GM have a lot of legs doesn't mean they can stand on them as we have recently seen in the news.
We all love our Prii and that is what we are here!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts