Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From reading this board I know I'm not the only one who has to contend with screwy responses to the voice command feature. So I'm wondering if anyone has reported this malfunction to the dealer and what the replies from the dealer have been. Has the human response been as screwy as the computerized one?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My "Phoebe" must be on a diet because she doesn't show restaurants -- she shows all government buildings when I tell her to set the temperature to 72 degrees. And last week she decided to set the temperature to 86 degrees instead of the requested 72. Maybe she figured she needed to sweat the weight off. :lol:

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
janets98 said:
My "Phoebe" must be on a diet because she doesn't show restaurants -- she shows all government buildings when I tell her to set the temperature to 72 degrees. And last week she decided to set the temperature to 86 degrees instead of the requested 72. Maybe she figured she needed to sweat the weight off. :lol:
Since the display shows government buildings when asking for a temperature of 72, maybe the Prius is a very smart vehicle. It went to 86 knowing that government buildings are full of hot air. :lol:

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Try "HUNGRY" for restaurants.

I only use GAS, COFFEE, and HUNGRY regularly, others aren't reliable enough for purposes other than entertainment.

·
Registered
669 Posts
You have to admire the Nav lady's tenacity -- she will almost NEVER admit that SHE cannot understand what you said! Reminds me of the stereotypical driver who won't admit to being lost... and some of my colleagues.

It also took me a while to realize that some (certainly not all) of the nonsequiters arise when giving NAV commends when the Info screen is active and "car" commands when the MAP screen is active.

Also, it makes for a great entertaining game on road trips called "fishing for Easter Eggs". So far, "hungry" is the only voice one we've found, and that's well known. I wonder if there are a few more in Japanese. You can get a giggle out of the attempted responses.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
firepa63 said:
janets98 said:
Since the display shows government buildings when asking for a temperature of 72, maybe the Prius is a very smart vehicle. It went to 86 knowing that government buildings are full of hot air. :lol:
Yes, Phoebe can demonstrate a great deal of intelligence. That's why I named her Phoebe -- an intelligent ditz. :lol:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Warning: Extremely offensive, non-PC joke follows:

Y
O
U

H
A
V
E

B
E
E
N

W
A
R
N
E
D

I said, "Korean Food" to the Nav System and it showed me all the icons for the local animal shelters.

I'm so ashamed. I've been watching, "The Best of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog" on DVD and he has a similar joke during his report from the Star Wars Episode 3 premier.

·
Registered
669 Posts
hybrideyes said:
I have never been able to say "Replace Destination," which pretty much defeats the point of being able to say "Home."
I think "suspend guidance" followed by "home" should work....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Astrowoman said:
hybrideyes said:
I have never been able to say "Replace Destination," which pretty much defeats the point of being able to say "Home."
I think "suspend guidance" followed by "home" should work....

Ooh, good idea. I love saying "Suspend Guidance" anyway, since then NavLady says "Guidance Suspended" and I feel like a fighter pilot.

·
Registered
37 Posts
hybrideyes said:
\

Sorry, if this sounds too obvious (like the tech support folks who say, "Do you have the power turned on?") , but do you push the button on the steering wheel to talk before saying "Replace Destination"? I confess I've negelcted that before, thinking Navi was giving me her total attention..

·
Registered
54 Posts
exhuman said:
hybrideyes said:
\

Sorry, if this sounds too obvious (like the tech support folks who say, "Do you have the power turned on?") , but do you push the button on the steering wheel to talk before saying "Replace Destination"? I confess I've negelcted that before, thinking Navi was giving me her total attention..
I press the voice button and say home, and then it says to say either Add or Replace. I can never get it to accept my saying Replace. I guess I haven't actually tried pressing the voice button a second time, because it doesn't seem to expect you to. If that's the answer, I definitely won't feel like a fighter pilot.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
exhuman said:
...thinking Navi was giving me her total attention..
Oh, pleeeeeze.... what woman (mechanical or otherwise) EVER gave a guy her total attention? Oh rats, my toenail polish is chipped. :lol:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Sanny said:
exhuman said:
...thinking Navi was giving me her total attention..
Oh, pleeeeeze.... what woman (mechanical or otherwise) EVER gave a guy her total attention? Oh rats, my toenail polish is chipped. :lol:
:lol:

What gets me, is that it understands 'Cassette' but not 'Tape' even though the screen says, 'Tape'.

(yes, I play a tape every now and then...)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts