Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 months of ownership, I got tired of the display screen and turned it off. I used the "Screen Off" command to turn it off. It stays off except for minor notices like Volume, Temperature, or Bluetooth Connection. Kind'a nice driving around without it on all the time.

However, I was surprised when I turned it back on after a few days that my mpg's actually dropped! I was getting around 47 mpg, but now am down into the 41-42 mpg range since I shut the screen off.

That "NAG" screen seems to make me drive a little lighter on the pedal and kept me from going to my "Punch It" tactics of prior vehicles.

Maybe I'll need to turn it back on again............ :?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I have the same system with leaving my shoes by the door. I need frequent and regular reminders to stay in good habits (and good graces).

That's an interesting observation. I wonder if you would have had the same experience if you had driven the car longer first. I find I drive my wife's Camry differently now, more like the Prius.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Hep said:
I have the same system with leaving my shoes by the door. I need frequent and regular reminders to stay in good habits (and good graces).

That's an interesting observation. How long have you driven the car?
And with your shoes off, does your mileage on the rug decrease? Take less time or more to get to the coffee pot? Do you find it easier to remember to take your shoes off when the NAG screen is illuminated? Inquiring minds...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts