Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one else having trouble with marks, scratches on the glove box doors?

ideas about touch up or cover ups and protection.

thanks, 25k miles and going strong,2004 black---love it!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
it's annoying, isn't it? I have "watch band" scratch by driver's window. Sigh. Don't know of a cure.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Sanny, the obvious answer is installing sheepskin everywhere.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
evander said:
Sanny, the obvious answer is installing sheepskin everywhere.
Or, like the polar bear did, install a sheep!

·
Registered
610 Posts
:idea: There is an available leather cover for the dash compartment lid. The same source has leather MFD "hoods," and covers for the center console and arm rests on the doors. Search eBay.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I only have one permanent scrape (on the lower angle of the bottom glove box,) but it does show marks really easily. If I run my fingers across it roughly, it makes a mark. A damp cloth wipes them off easily enough. (Lightly dampened, otherwise you end up with water spots.)

·
Registered
457 Posts
There is an available leather cover for the dash compartment lid
Chas.
I searched ebay and found everything but glove box covers. I'm interested.. Can you send a link..? ~JD~
[email protected]

·
Registered
610 Posts
:idea: Hello Again generg

Try this:

PriusChat.com - Forum Home - Prius Chat Marketplace - Sponsered Commercial Sales - Prius Hoods new items

This fellow produces leather hoods, glovebox covers and covers for the center console and arm rests.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Another idea is to trade for a 2006. I believe I read on PriusChat that the new interior eliminated the plastic with a higher quality product.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
generg said:
any one else having trouble with marks, scratches on the glove box doors?

ideas about touch up or cover ups and protection.

thanks, 25k miles and going strong,2004 black---love it!!!!!!!
It's still under warranty. I'd take it in to have it replaced. I had my glovebox release button peeling off so I had them replace it. If it's just scratch marks and no peeling of paint, then yeah I guess you'd have to get Robin's leather glovebox cover.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts