Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a graduate student from UC Irvine in Southern California and I am working on a project for my marketing class. My project is a comparison analysis between the Prius and Insight. Sorry if I left the Civic Hybrid out but you're more than welcome to post your comments at the end of the survey. Also, if you own more than one brand of Hybrid i'd like to know your experiences and why you chose the other brand. For owners who live outside the U.S. my apologies for not using the metric system in my survey.

Thank you so much for your time and help. Here's the survey link:

http://www.keysurvey.com/survey/8099/18e3/

·
Registered
11 Posts
Marketting Class Survey

Gave up after the third page (where you ask about the family income). You should not demand an answer, NO answer is a VALID answer.

2003, Aqua Ice, no kitchen sink.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Survey

You know, I agree, in part, that one should not be forced to answer a question to complete the survey. However, in the survey's defense, you submitted no personal information so you privacy concerns about your income are really not valid. Also, considering the goals of the survey/research project I think it is valid to ask income levels as it may help stratify those more or less likely to buy/consider a hybrid vehicle or to select out those who consider which features most important.

BTW, that 3rd page was the last page other than submitting the survey so you were done for all intents and purposes. I respect your right to refuse to answer, but in this case it seems a bit of an over reaction.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

I really appreciate your time in taking the survey. I understand that you are hesitant to provide demographics information because it's very personal. However, the survey is completely anonymous and there is no way I can determine who responded what. Also, you can leave the income question blank if you like and move on to the next question.

The reason demographics questions are asked, specially income levels, is to determine the size of the population that fall under a certain segment who are interested in a product. This infomation will prove useful for manufacturers to develop a more consumer-oriented cost-effective product that appeal to people in this segment. This is the main reason why surveys are distributed. If manufacturers don't know what you want, how can they make something that you need and can afford?

Thanks again to those who participated in my survey.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Done. I found it fairly painless. I always choke on the comments section, but still feel I have to add something there. The wording on the questions was a bit, um, what word fits here - confusing? It just wasn't intuitive as to what you were asking, I guess.

Maybe I just need sleep. Sleep would be good.

G'luck with the project.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Marketting Class Survey, Update

:shock:
My objection is NOT about the inquiry on income.
On principal I want to be able NOT to answer a particular question, and the layout of the WEB pages does not allow it.

The survey's WEB layout should be designed exactly as if it was a multi-page paper one. :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
web forms

actually, you generally have to be
careful when filling out web forms.

There are so many things that your
web browser is broadcasting when you
visit a website. Many web forms
will capture this information along
with any data you submit.

Such things as: your IP address
(traces back to your very computer!),
your web browser and version number,
oftentimes what operating system is on
your computer (often in web browser info),
along with the date/time of each page
request to the web server.

considering that this particular web
survey is one big javascript thing,
it's also possible to tell just how
long you've been on that particular page...

Just the underlying fact that your
IP is (nearly always) logged when you
visit a website is reason enough to
not want to give out personal information.

(of course, if you're really paranoid,
you wouldn't fill out any paper
surveys either. you'd get fingerprints
all over the paper. ;-) )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts