Toyota Prius Forum banner

Saturn Vue Hybrid

15K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  reinaldo 
#1 ·
Hi, All,

My husband's lease on his Saturn L200 will expire next year and we've
been thinking about rolling it over into another Saturn lease. If the
hybrid Vue is out in time, what are your thoughts on leasing it?
First, we dearly love *my* Pruis ;-) but because of the uncertainty
of delivery timing and the economy of staying with a Saturn lease, it
could a better choice for us in the next year.

My main misgiving is that this is the first model year of a whole new
technology for GM. Conventional wisdom would tell one to be afraid,
be very afraid. BUT Saturn has been amazing to deal with - we've
owned 3 Saturns over the years - and I'm thinking we're more
protected in a lease situation than owning. Are we being way too
naive and optimistic?

I googled the Vue and didn't find a lot since it's not out yet, just
some press releases. Any thoughts?

Susan

See less See more
#2 ·
Susan5s said:
...My main misgiving is that this is the first model year of a whole new technology for GM. Conventional wisdom would tell one to be afraid, be very afraid....
I am inclined to agree with your conventional GM wisdom, Saturn or not. But I must admit to a bit of personal bias, purely from personal experience with GM vehicles (although none were Saturns), and PARTICULARLY from personal experience with AWFUL and INCOMPETENT GM service (from different dealerships in different states; Olds, Chevrolet, Pontiac, and more).

Whatever your decision, I wish you luck!

#3 ·
From what I have read and heard of the Silverado hybrid I would not be optimistic about the Saturn Vue hybrid.

It appears that the Silverado hybrid is a mild (motor assists the gas engine) hybrid. The motor is weak enough that it boosts MPG by just a copule of miles. Click and Clack, the Car Talk guys, considered the Silverado hybrid a joke on their show several weeks ago.

#4 ·
silverado/sierra mild hybrids

jfschultz said:
From what I have read and heard of the Silverado hybrid I would not be optimistic about the Saturn Vue hybrid.

It appears that the Silverado hybrid is a mild (motor assists the gas engine) hybrid. The motor is weak enough that it boosts MPG by just a copule of miles. Click and Clack, the Car Talk guys, considered the Silverado hybrid a joke on their show several weeks ago.

They're not even an assist-type of hybrid (like the Honda Insight and Civic are), the GMC trucks are mild hybrids. They've got auto-stop, and that's about it.
http://www.gm.com/automotive/innovation ... kFlyer.pdf

#5 ·
Was at the Alderwood Mall in Lynnwood, WA a while back and saw a conventional gas VUE inside. Have to admit that while the vehicle itself doesn't really appeal, I must have spent the better part of half an hour just playing with the back things that basically lock position and turn into "crates" you can but grocery bags, etc in. Definitely a cool idea I sort of wish my Prius had...

G
#7 ·
why go to a toyota website to ask about saturn?

I just don't understand why anyone would go to a "priusonline" website to ask about a Saturn?? Wouldn't one tend to think that this website might be biased? :?

#8 ·
If you want an SUV go with the Saturn... If I were SUV minded, I'd have waited for it instead of getting my Prius.

As much as I love the car, I'm almost to the point where I'd rather sell it than deal with Toyota of Melbourne again. I can only hope I can find a dealer I DO like...

If you're as 'Saturn Service' spoiled as I am, you'll regret any other vehicle you buy.

#9 ·
melgish said:
If you want an SUV go with the Saturn... If I were SUV minded, I'd have waited for it instead of getting my Prius.

As much as I love the car, I'm almost to the point where I'd rather sell it than deal with Toyota of Melbourne again. I can only hope I can find a dealer I DO like...

If you're as 'Saturn Service' spoiled as I am, you'll regret any other vehicle you buy.

My husband sold his Saturn SL2 to get his 2004 Prius.

Having brought his car in for service (at a few different Saturn dealerships), and also brought my 2001 in (to several different Toyota dealerships), the only plus I've seen at the Saturn was the free car wash. I can't say that either franchised service center is much better than the other, in treatment of a female customer, or general knowledge of the vehicle. (Things might be different if I went to the Toyota dealership that my mother uses for her 2002 Prius - they give her a car wash coupon, and will drive her home (20 mi.) and pick her up for a long service (much better than any dealer I've been to!)

#10 ·
Perhaps I'm ....uh...blessed ... with the two extremes... that being the best Saturn dealership and the worst Toyota dealership. Admittedly
I've not had lots of experience with Toyota yet... having only had the car in 3 times but so far...

For routine maintenance:

At Saturn Space Coast:

I can make an appointment
When I arrive, I get an immediate "be right with you"
When I hand over my keys, I get "do you need a ride somewhere"
When my car is done, I pay a reasonable amount $30 / $60 / $120
I get it back washed AND vaccumed, even for the $30 service.
When I look over the vehicle, everything is done as outlined in the service manual.
A week later, I get a follow up phone call from the dealership staff asking if I was satisfied with the service.

At Toyota of Melbourne:

I can bring the car in "anytime"
When I arrive, I get a 15 minute wait before I yell to get noticed.
When I hand over my keys, I get "the waiting room is over there"
When my car is done, I pay a premium amount $40 / $80 / $295
I get it back, and the paper floor mat is still in it, and it's not even washed unless it's the $295 service.
When I look over the vehicle, the oil is overfilled, the tires pressure hasn't been adjusted, and the maintenance reminder hasn't been cleared.
A month later I get a survey from Toyota HQ to fill out and mail back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.